I've missed you!!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:08 AM

This has a been a crazy week. Monday, my DH had a scheduled colonoscopy...this was a follow up to make sure a removed polyp had not grown back...again. It had, for the third time!! so they had him come back on Tuesday for surgery to remove about 8-10" of his colon. He is doing as well as would be expected after major surgery. He will be in hospital for 5-8 days, so we are thinking maybe to come home next Monday or Tuesday.

Since he is in a hospital in another town, I haven't had much computer time after commuting there and back after work, and no 'puter while sitting in waiting rooms for a couple of days. I did take advantage of the wait time on Tuesday. Since I knew it would be a long day, I took some hand quilting with me....got most of a carpenters' wheel put together. :)

We are expecting our first frost tonight, so I have been getting the last of the above ground veggies picked. Got the last of them last night. I will go home at lunch today to pick the apples. After that, only root veggies left...and they can wait. My GF offered to come help me with that.

Oh...AND I have no heat in my house!!!! We replaced our hot water tank this summer, and have not moved the plumbing from the old tank for the under floor heat. Plus, we had the furnace set to "no heat" over the summer, and I don't know how to change that. I bought a space heater yesterday. LOL

So...I am taking advantage of a quiet moment at work to reconnect with all of you.

Hugs, my online friends.

Patti
Old 09-17-2010, 07:10 AM

Bless your heart. Hope DH is doing well. I can't believe you are getting frost and we are still in the mid 90's.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Welcome back. Thought and prayers for your dad.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 AM

Bless your heart you have been one busy lady. I will pray for your DH in his recovery from his surgery. Thank god that his dr. insisted on taking care of things like he did to catch all of this at an early stage. I had a dear friend go through this..and 5 years now and all is good. Prayers and hugs sent your way!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:34 AM

What a sad situation, but such a lovely note!!
{{{ hugs to you and your family }}}
I hope things get back to "normal" soon!!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 AM

Thanks for the "heads up" on Minnesota frost tonight....oh, for the fun of living in this state :) Best wishes to your DH...which we were closer to help you get some heat in your house. Good thing is it won't freeze that hard to hurt the pipes in your home. God Bless
Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I wish you father a very speedy recovery!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Cuddle with one of those quilts that you made tonight to stay warm. I hope that your husband has a speedy recovery and that the doctors were able to fix the problem this go round - as the saying goes "three times a charm". :thumbup:
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 AM

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon....once your DH is completely recovered. This will probably be the best thing in the long run. Hang in there, we'll be here when you get back! :D