Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jack will wear stripes and have a number >

Jack will wear stripes and have a number

Jack will wear stripes and have a number

Old 05-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by cmagee84
Just look at that face, momma, she is so adorable. You can't stay mad long. I had a poodle for 14 years. She was my first child. Never gave me a bit of trouble. I didn't put her in a kennel. When she was young we put up a baby gate at the open laundry room door and she stayed there until we came home from work.

Raney Rae - Oct. 1988 to May 2002.
Poodles are awesome, even mixes. Need to get his mind on other things, maybe outside would be a good thing for him, or in the garage in his cage if its bad out, away from harm. Poor thing, probably has separation anxiety.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Oh thank you everyone for sharing your stories. Please tell me there is hope - I love that hellian but do not want my house destroyed. JulieR those pictures look awfully familiar - I laughed (sorry but I can relate) gunny - carpeting torn up?? I just can see him doing that. $#@! Jill - are you referring to the pet carrier? Chewed up water line??Oh noooooooo. Thanks for telling me - I WAS thinking of putting him in the bathroom - but now - no thank you!
jacqui - we have had him for about 3 weeks now - he was a stray that either showed up or was dropped off. Ours has a try too - he just pushes it out!
Oh it really helps hearing from you all! I am not alone!
I'm thinking he was dropped off by an owner who couldn't deal with his shananigans. We have a rescue that we got a year ago and she is an angel. She loves her crate and crates herself if she sees us getting ready to leave. When we come home she is excited to see us but sometimes returns to her crate to finish the nap we interrupted when we came home. However the rescued dog we had before her, and we had her for 12 years, came with lots of issues, most of them got better but a few did not. Quite often, there is a good reason an owner gets rid of a dog, you may have found the previous owners reason. Good luck, there is probably an answer out there of how to conquer his separation anxiety. I don't think it will be easy but doable.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Get the "Dog Whisperer" to come visit your house! :lol:
Old 05-06-2011, 11:53 AM

He will say to run him into complete exahustion before you leave home in the morning. He will be so tired that he will just sleep and when he wakes up he will be calm. it is worth a try.

Originally Posted by JudithAnn
Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
He will say to run him into complete exahustion before you leave home in the morning. He will be so tired that he will just sleep and when he wakes up he will be calm. it is worth a try.

Originally Posted by JudithAnn
That's what works for us. She has to get her energy out before we crate her or it's curtains for us.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Caesar Milan.......
Old 05-07-2011, 09:19 PM

We rented our house to some folks. We said no pets but they got a great dane puppy that chewed a whole closet door to splinters. - no apologies either....
Later, when it was grown, they moved nearby. One day they put it in their VW car and the phone rang, I think, anyway when they did arrive, the dog had peeled the entire roof liner off and was starting on the back of the seats. It was sitting in a carfull of foam bits. Honestly, it looked like a cartoon and I laughed. But I was sympathetic enough to give them a lift to get another car.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:41 AM

GASP!!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Sounds like your renters got justice from the dog for breaking the rules about no dogs!!!

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
We rented our house to some folks. We said no pets but they got a great dane puppy that chewed a whole closet door to splinters. - no apologies either....
Later, when it was grown, they moved nearby. One day they put it in their VW car and the phone rang, I think, anyway when they did arrive, the dog had peeled the entire roof liner off and was starting on the back of the seats. It was sitting in a carfull of foam bits. Honestly, it looked like a cartoon and I laughed. But I was sympathetic enough to give them a lift to get another car.