January weight loss

Old 01-04-2015, 01:53 PM

Count me in again. Didn't lose anything in Dec., actually gained about 3 but then lost it again so I'm even for the month. I know that I can not eat like other people - sometimes I think just the smell of food makes me gain weight, so I have to be really careful about what I eat. I will admit that even though I should not eat cookies, I just love them and my sister made a lot and I ate them just about every day, but no more, I am starting on Monday the 5th on a clean slate - no more junk. I also haven't been sewing these past few weeks because I had to put sewing machine cabt closed and pack up stuff in the room so that we could fit a bed in for a guest who was staying over Christmas and then again over New years, but now I can open everything back up and get started again. Good luck to everyone in Jan.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:26 PM

My stomach has been bothering me too. I think it is all of the crap i have been eating. I am starting over tomorrow. I ended December losing 1 pound. I was surprised at that. My DH is on a junk food eating binge and I am following him. He keeps buying me candy. I have told him to stop but he keeps doing it. So I started buying his favorite cookies and candies. He complained at me. So I told him "well that is what you are doing to me." He said I never thought of it that way. He said he would stop and then he brought home more candy the next day.
I just ate my last piece of candy for a while. I need to stop! Healthy eating to everyone. Good luck.
Pat
Old 01-05-2015, 02:34 AM

Pat - I know it's counter productive, but it's actually pretty sweet of your hubby!! hehe My weakness is chocolate but I don't like it when it's cold and hard so I put my Christmas chocolate in the fridge so I have to let it warm up before I can eat it. It's helped slow me down

Also sorry if I'm being oblivious, is there another Megan in our group? If not I think you made a mistake on the name as I only lost 1.5, however if there is another Megan, well then congrats other Megan!!!

My hubby and I are doing Atkins together and I tried a new recipe tonight that was SO yummy, and almost the whole family was happy with it!!! It was mozzarella filled meat balls. Definitely not low calorie, but low carb, so if anyone wants the recipe I'll post it. I was going through Pinterest last night and found a ton of new Atkins recipes I'm really excited about!

I'm continuing on with my reorganization spree that started at the beginning of Christmas break. We got a new-to-us sofa a few weeks ago and I wanted to try to fit it into our living room as soon as we took down the tree. I didn't know how we would possibly fit more furniture in the room as we already had a sofa and two oversized lazy boys but it's starting to come together. We had to move our TV and I'm still not totally in love with it's placement, but I think it's going to work.

Ok, it's time I shared, my guilty pleasure is free stuff!!! LOL I've been a member of a Freecycle group for about 8 years now. I love it as a way to purge clutter from my house that someone else is really excited about receiving and every now and then I find something really awesome. After moving to Seattle I found that people here are even more into the gifting spirit than my last two cities. Our "free" section on Craigslist is constantly changing and that's where I found the first sofa we have in our living room. We moved here without one and were saving to buy one when I ran across this one on craigslist. It's gray leather and is pretty worn in but I actually really like that look. Recently I found out about a group on facebook called buy nothing. What is neat about it is that it's hyper local so the members giving and receiving are my friends and neighbors. I got this newest sofa from there and I'm so glad I did because it is a quality piece of furniture. I almost didn't take it because I wasn't sure where I'd use it but he wasn't getting any takers and I really really liked it so I took it with the intention of giving it to my friend if she wanted it otherwise I was going to find a way to cram it in my living room I'm pretty happy with how it all worked out!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:31 AM

I am in for January. Will try to get my 3 mos worth of FQ's out by Friday.
Been quite busy with all kinds of stuff. Need to lose what I gained in December as well as the tons of pounds I need to lose

'

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Feeling pretty yucky today. The weather might have something to do with it - it's -5 right now and heading for -30 tonight. Not feeling like eating, which I know is not good - slows the metabolism, etc. And definitely not feeling like exercising. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Stay warm, everyone!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Mary, are you in the midwest? That sounds like my weather forecast.
Today was my 3rd day with a migraine. After being sick so many days last week, I just want to feel well. That doesn't seem like too much to ask. Yesterday was miserable with my DGD. She still is not feeling well and all she did was whine.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:44 AM

No, Pam, I'm in upstate NY. At least it's above 0 today! Hope you're feeling better. Migraines are no fun.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:46 PM

Hello to everyone,
I haven't been online for a week and almost forgot my routine. Miss Pat, did I send a FQ for Jan?

I lost a whole pound in December. Probably because I was still in quilt making mode until Dec 22, when I finished the last of my 9 quilts for Christmas. Thank God for my hubby who did not complain and kept me fed and clean clothes on my back.

I love the freshness of a new year. I was so insanely busy last year, that I'm almost lost. I'll get my footing once I decide on my next project.

Not to be left out of the cold weather, we are getting ice here in the Texas Hill Country. At least I'm home.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 PM

My hubby took a job in Austin in 2006. We bought a house and the movers took our stuff there in January of 2007. The movers were a few days late because there was a 3 day ice storm in Austin. Pretty much everything shut down. Hubby didn't go to work for 3 days. That was pretty crazy. I learned not to drive if it ever snowed because people there don't know how to drive in it. Plus they don't have the salt and sand or snowplows to treat the roads like they do here in Wisconsin. They didn't have school here yesterday because of the -40 degree windchill.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:48 AM

Pam and Mary, that weather sounds horrible!! We moved from WV a couple years ago and I hated when our temps would get that low. We're in Seattle now and I LOVE the weather. The summers rarely get too hot and the winters usually stay mild. I'm least motivated to work out when I'm cold, but I've started doing home workouts when I'm cold in order to warm up. I figured in the end I'll be warm and I'm healthier for it

Leann, sounds like my hubby I love when I'm on a deadline and super obsessing about stuff he takes care of me I made a quilt in November for a wedding present and when I got down to the wire he'd bring me food at my sewing machine!! He even helped me bury all my threads!

Keep warm everyone!!!!!