Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jennifer Chiaverini  "Elm Creek Quilt Novels" >

Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels"

Jennifer Chiaverini "Elm Creek Quilt Novels"

Old 10-16-2011, 11:42 AM

Here is the finished lap quilt from fabrics licensed by Jennifer Chiaverini and made by Red Rooster, as a companion to The Aloha Quilt book (the pattern was free, also available online at the time...I haven't checked lately).

This quilt was a gift for my DSIL. With the quilt, I gave her a copy of the book, and a bookmark I made with some of the selvage from the fabric.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-272363.jpe   attachment-272364.jpe   attachment-272365.jpe  
Old 10-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Newestnana,Your quilt is beautiful.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by newestnana
Here is the finished lap quilt from fabrics licensed by Jennifer Chiaverini and made by Red Rooster, as a companion to The Aloha Quilt book (the pattern was free, also available online at the time...I haven't checked lately).

This quilt was a gift for my DSIL. With the quilt, I gave her a copy of the book, and a bookmark I made with some of the selvage from the fabric.
Where online did you find the pattern? Your quilt is awesome!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM

The Mitford series are very good books - I've read them all and love all the characters in them, especially of course, Ftr. Tim and his wife.

Another good series is by Elizabeth Peters. She has a series created around late 1800's and early 1900's about a very independent woman and her good looking archaeologist husband and excavating during the "season" in Egypt, etc. and living in England the rest of the time. Very entertaining stories. I love these.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 AM

I LOVE her books! Can't wait for the new one to come out!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie R
The Mitford series are very good books - I've read them all and love all the characters in them, especially of course, Ftr. Tim and his wife.

Another good series is by Elizabeth Peters. She has a series created around late 1800's and early 1900's about a very independent woman and her good looking archaeologist husband and excavating during the "season" in Egypt, etc. and living in England the rest of the time. Very entertaining stories. I love these.
The Mitford series is also a favorite. Great stories, clean reading!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana

That's really lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by FayZ
I see there's 10 pages. I haven't read them all so if I repeat someone I do apologize.Has anyone read the Annies Attic mysteries? I hate to spend money on something I won't like. FayZ
Hi Faye ... Yes, I have read the Annie's Attic Mysteries and enjoyed everyone of them. I have several friends I share them with and we anxiously await the next. You'll love Annie and all her friends throughout the books. I am up to 12 now. All good clean reading and beautiful books. I have my collection in my guest room where they are enjoyed!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM

I have read them all and am waiting for the new release sometime this month..haven't heard much about it though..blessings
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM

thank you LindaDeeter.