Joann's app coupons

Old 04-25-2016, 12:22 PM

Default Joann's app coupons

Hey, all,

Has Joann's stopped offering their coupons on the phone app? For at least a month every time I click the coupon button, it says there are none available at this time. Usually, there's some sort of coupon, but I'm not getting them.

I have an iPhone 4 and my Joann's app stopped updating. That shouldn't be it, but it might be.

Is is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

Funny, I have not been getting the emails I use to get almost daily from them. Wonder if they are cutting down. Someone posted here on the QB that they are not allowing books to be bought with a coupon any more.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:36 PM

Don't know about the phone app, but I am getting more mailings. I also receive the emails, though maybe not as many. I know they "age" your account -- if you aren't buying frequently enough they cut down on what you get (has happened to me on and off)
Old 04-25-2016, 01:22 PM

I've been getting the mailers and some IM's from them recently about "flash sales". We'll see how long this lasts--seems like I get dropped from their mailing list and I've never rec'd an email from them even tho I've signed up numerous times. I only shop there every three months or so. I checked my Joanne's app and it says no coupons available. Hmm-just got an IM and a mailer today. Strange.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM

I think it is just redesigned. On the bottom, click on the scissors. At least they are showing up on my phone.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:33 PM

It is because your iPhone stopped up dating - I had the iPhone 4 too and all of sudden I was not getting things on the Joann's app, or my Starbuck's app, and Target. At first I thought it was the result of all my data space was used up, so I dumped a lot of old pictures and some apps I was not using and it didn't help. I do think it is Safari that prevents the updates. I got some odd messages telling me that I didn't have the current operating service and as a result couldn't up-date.
Supposedly there is a class action case going about the Iphone4, since it forces people to replace the phone since it won't update. I didn't want to wait so went with the iPhone 6.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 04-25-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
It is because your iPhone stopped up dating - I had the iPhone 4 too and all of sudden I was not getting things on the Joann's app, or my Starbuck's app, and Target. At first I thought it was the result of all my data space was used up, so I dumped a lot of old pictures and some apps I was not using and it didn't help. I do think it is Safari that prevents the updates. I got some odd messages telling me that I didn't have the current operating service and as a result couldn't up-date.
Supposedly there is a class action case going about the Iphone4, since it forces people to replace the phone since it won't update. I didn't want to wait so went with the iPhone 6.
Those ratfinks! I thought it might be something related. I'd love to get an iPhone 6, but I can't yet wrap my mind around paying that much for a phone. I have AT&T (and they're the only company that has good cell service at our house), so it seems like it's even more than if we had Sprint or someone else. The day will come, though.

I love technology and having 24/7 access to Google, but it's sad that a 5-year old phone is obsolete. My MIL is still using her old rotary dial phone from 1960, and it still works.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM

I have an android and still get the coupons. The icon changed from green square to white with a J in it not too long ago and the format of the pages changed. I now have to hit the info bars (3 horizontal lines) to get to coupons. I got one today for 75% off my purchase of reg priced fat and fabric quarters and fabric bundles. Good in store thru 4/27.
Several other good coupons too.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:30 PM

Just use iPhone coupon yesterday, maybe you can down load a new app.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 04-25-2016, 05:57 PM

I have an Android phone, get emails. Don't have an 'app'. When I shop there - not overly frequently - I just open my email to the latest (or most valuable valid) coupon and they scan the barcode from my email. Have done this at numerous different JAF's in different states with no issues and lots of savings.