Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just Curious - Is it my Laptop or the QB? >

Just Curious - Is it my Laptop or the QB?

Just Curious - Is it my Laptop or the QB?

Old 11-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Just Curious - Is it my Laptop or the QB?

I just want to check in and see if I am having laptop issues or not. Yesterday and today, when I clicked to get on the quilting board (using a bookmark in my favorites menu and also doing a yahoo search and clicking that link) I got the "We are redecorating..." message and could not access the board. I just now was able to do it on my desktop computer downstairs. So I am wondering - was the board down again after being back up or do I have a funky thing going on with my laptop?

thanks to anyone who takes two seconds to answer.

Patrice - no complaints about the board from me. I like the new board just wanted to know if the computer gods are messing with my head again. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:06 PM

I am on a laptop and have n ot had the problem. I am wondering if you just happened to try to connect when they were doing an update -- there have been a number of changes that I have noticed and they may have to block access to do them.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

I have had no problems after the first day - maybe the gremlins playing with your computer ?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm View Post
I just want to check in and see if I am having laptop issues or not. Yesterday and today, when I clicked to get on the quilting board (using a bookmark in my favorites menu and also doing a yahoo search and clicking that link) I got the "We are redecorating..." message and could not access the board. I just now was able to do it on my desktop computer downstairs. So I am wondering - was the board down again after being back up or do I have a funky thing going on with my laptop?

thanks to anyone who takes two seconds to answer.

Patrice - no complaints about the board from me. I like the new board just wanted to know if the computer gods are messing with my head again. Thanks!
there have been a couple of times when just some of their servers were down... so some were able to stay connected and others were not. i was one of the ones not able one day
Old 11-05-2011, 01:34 PM

i have not had any problems but not here as much
Old 11-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Kas

This is the first time I have been able to even access the board. Thank goodness my email still came to notify me of PMs. I was able to enter the site that way, but before that, neither my saved link in my favorites or googling the site would get me anything other that the "We are under construction" page. I was so frustrated!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:49 PM

My laptop remembers and auto-fills the URLs I visit most often, and every time I try to visit using that old link, I get the redecorating message. However, when I type it in manually, I get the new, improved board. So what I did was bookmark the main page.

You can also get the new improved board by typing "quiltingboard.forum.com" - apparently you need the "forum" in there.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
My laptop remembers and auto-fills the URLs I visit most often, and every time I try to visit using that old link, I get the redecorating message. However, when I type it in manually, I get the new, improved board. So what I did was bookmark the main page.

You can also get the new improved board by typing "quiltingboard.forum.com" - apparently you need the "forum" in there.
Thanks for the tip. I just tried again, have entered it manually and off yahoo and my bookmarks and the gremlins on my laptop won't let me in. I just logged in on my desktop and have my husband trying the url you have given above. Wish me luck!

I have spent the last few days in serious withdrawal - apparently unnecessarily!!! Oh well, that which does not kill you... right???

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

havent had any problems
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM

My main computer gave me the same message and my laptop would let me in. I had to re-enter the address on my main computer and re-book mark it to get on the board.