Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just a little vent...dog related/friend related >

Just a little vent...dog related/friend related

Just a little vent...dog related/friend related

Old 04-17-2009, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
I think you might have other issues besides the peeing. All dogs pee. Could it be your friendship is not what you thought? Is it that he peed on your kid? Well, stuff happens. I doubt if the dog plotted some revenge against your child, if, after all, he was tied to the door and unable to flee.
I think this is a rude comment.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:15 AM

I agree with Moonpi. Not rude, just an opinion.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:44 AM

I honestly do not mean to be rude here, however I must ask who in this scenario has the PUPPY's best interest at heart?

I'm probably going to regret saying anything about this on a quilting board, but you chose to vent here, so for the sake of the DOGS I am going to point out the obvious.

Breeders have a responsibility to take back puppies that are not working out, for any reason, to keep them as long as it takes to find an appropriate home for them, and to never ever take their puppies to animal shelters. People who choose to bring litters into a world that is overpopulated with dogs, have a responsibility to place their puppies in situations where those animals will be cared for forever.

If your friend could not afford to pay $50 for a puppy, did you wonder how could she afford a trip to the vet for shots, or if there was an accident and the pup needed more than routine veterinary care how she could pay for all of that?

Also, I can't help but wonder how can you put your own bitch through the stress of having two litters in less than a year?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:33 AM

President Obama's new dog had been in 3 homes before he got him. I thought this was sad. Sen Kennedy had him trained before giving him to the girls. Some dog owners don't train them well. That happened to us with a dog and we both worked. He was never fully trained. We had him 9 years and loved him though.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:24 PM

if you have a caring vet, ask him/her if you can put up a poster in the office offering the dog to a loving home. sometimes a family that has just put a dog down will take a young dog to their heart.

we got our cat, anastasia, that way.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

In the meantime restrict him to less space until he gets the idea. Like a small kennel . He will learn if he is not allowed to have alot of area to move around in. This is not mean it is teaching him there is a place to sleep and lay down and there is a place and time to relieve himself. I have housebroken many dogs over the years and the trick is they generally won't go where they have to lay down.
But make sure he gets to go out and get some exercise! I know you don't want him but this is damage control and it is tempory.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
In the meantime restrict him to less space until he gets the idea. Like a small kennel (2 foot square). He will learn if he is not allowed to have alot of area to move around in. This is not mean it is teaching him there is a place to sleep and lay down and there is a place and time to relieve himself. I have housebroken many dogs over the years and the trick is they generally won't go where they have to lay down.
But make sure he gets to go out and get some exercise! I know you don't want him but this is damage control and it is tempory.
I agree he is probably feeling unwanted(confused) and marking his territory to say this is my home!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 PM

[quote=Rhonda]
Originally Posted by Rhonda
I agree he is probably feeling unwanted(confused) and marking his territory to say this is my home!

FINALLY!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM

[quote=butterflywing]if you have a caring vet, ask him/her if you can put up a poster in the office offering the dog to a loving home. sometimes a family that has just put a dog down will take a young dog to their heart.
-------------------------------------
This is an excellent idea. Years ago I found the tiniest Poodle I've ever seen in the middle of a highway. It came to me instantly as I slowed the car and called it. Took it to the vet after no one ever claimed it (may have fallen from an open car window) and he instantly said he had a home for it. He had just put down an elderly poodle for an older lady. She wanted another one and would get this one. I didn't want him to charge for it..he just laughed and said this way, giving it to her he would have the Poodle as a patient for the rest of the dog's life.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

What happened to the male chi puppy?