Just Shaking My Head

Old 09-11-2012, 03:01 PM

I know exactly how you feel I was that way this weekend while out at Costco it's almost like people become clueless once they get to the door. I walk with a cane due to a stroke I got hit 3 times right in the lower back with a shopping cart. I turned on her at that point and snapped for her to put her stupid phone done and pay attention that she hit me 3 times. She hit the floor in the main walking lane screaming at the top of her lungs you could hear her over the entire building. Had 3 other kids just walk right in front of my cart or into me I finally turned on the parents and asked if manner's exist in they're house because I have no issues with running the kids over with the cart. Finally got to the cash and looked at DH and said just take me home everyone took they're stupid pills this morning and I wasn't dealing with it anymore.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 AM

i wonder if our parents talked about us that way. i think i am a considerate person and taught my daughter to be the same. the grandkids haven't learned common etiquette, like stating their names when they answer the phone, waiting their turns to talk, taking part in adult conversations, writing thank you letters, etc. i think their mom forgot what i taught her. oh well...they are not bad kids - all 7 of them! they just don't know what is expected of them at times. AND i don't interfere (too often). i only get to see them once a year or so, so i put up with it for the most part.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 AM

"What is happening to our young
people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They
ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions.
Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

Sound familiar? This is accredited to Plato. Here's another, possibly Aristotle: "The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

Things don't really change all that much.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 AM

I often wonder if I have become an old "fuddy duddy"...but no...I don't think so. Folks today just have no boundries or manners....it is so sad because everyone sufferes, including the rude people.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 AM

It makes me sad and concerned for the world my grandchildren are growing up in. This country is full of the I, me and mine mentality. Self absorbed, rude, disrespectful, world owes me a living attitudes are rampant. I am afraid this country is in for a rude awakening, in the not to distant future!!
Nothing seems to matter. God, education, compassion, self control are just a few of what has been pushed aside for the self indulgent, it's all about me, my needs, my wants spoiled brats of this country. Young and old alike!!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

in the immortal words of Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM

Yes, it seems to me that a lot of people are linguistically challenged and only know one expletive that they use instead of fifty or so more interesting and descriptive adjectives. Such a shame for the growth of the language.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM

I do believe it's due to all the electronics, people do not talk to each other anymore, they communicate in abbreviated form thru their iphone, ipads etc, they do not read facial espressions or do not take a cue from their interlocutor's reactions. Really sad!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 AM

The problem is that we've become a society of enablers. We enable laziness, rudeness, etc. Younger generations are growing up, with a sense of entitlement because too many parents give, give, give and expect nothing in return. No chores, no responsibilities, no courtesy, no respect. Almost no one wants to be seen as the "bad guy," who enforces rules. Too few people are willing to stand up and demand respect, for themselves and others.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 AM

I frankly find all of whats on most of TV these days a bit too casual... The one that takes me over the edge .. When did cleavage become part of the nightly news?!!!! Really do we need to see cleavage when serious news is being reported? Is cleavage the new "in" accessory"?