just wondering

Old 11-27-2013, 06:52 AM

Default just wondering

been following all the people on here on doll clothes and shoes, socks they make. all are very cute. now where and how do you store them so they stay neat and tidy.. i have made a few pairs of socks and t-shirts. now i was wondering where to put them so i can see what i have made already so i do not repeat the patterns..colors etc.. also i will be making a few dresses how to store them also.. thank you for your advice in advance....
Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Why not fold and keep in small clear plastic shoe boxes.or use a larger container and turn it into a dolls wardrobe.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:49 AM

When I was doing doll clothes, I used to put them all on baby hangers. I picked them up a garage sales. I also had a baby cabinet from the 50's that had drawers and a place to hang things on the other side (another garage sale find).
Old 11-29-2013, 07:13 AM

When my GG were small, I got copy paper boxes and made wardrobes from them. I used an end of a box to slide in at the bottom to act as a drawer and put a dowel across the top to use as a clothes hanger bar. The flaps were the doors and a pony tail elastic and a button kept the door closed. I covered the outside with fabric or shelf liner. They were pretty substantial and the girls enjoyed them.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 AM

I make doll clothes for a couple of grand nieces and some neighbor girls as Christmas gifts. As I make outfits, with shoes and socks and undies as needed I store them in zip lock bags and then in a special box. Storage is at a premium around here. As I give the gifts I un bag them and put them in a smaller box to be wrapped and given. That way I always know what I have to give and what I need to make.