Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keurig Coffee makers

Blog Entries
    I got DH the mini Keurig coffee maker for Christmas to see if we would like it or not. We both love it. Perfect for making one cup when no one else is up or at home.

We are thinking about getting the bigger Keurig with the water reserve tank. What size of cups does it brew? The mini goes up to 10ozs. Does the water in the reserve stay hot or heat up when you want a cup of coffee?

They have these at a couple offices I work at. The water brews one cup at a time, and there are 3 sizes of cups, but I can't tell you the ounces. I'm almost positive the large size is 20 ounces though. The down side is that all the sizes use the same little pot of coffee---the one you put in the top..... so it's no stronger, just more water.

My DH got one for me last Christmas. It has a 60 oz water reservoir and make 3.25 oz for iced beverages, 5.25 oz, 7.25 oz and 9.25 oz. I absolutely love it. Our SIL likes it so much we got him one for Christmas.

mltquilt

I don't care for all the waste these machines make. All the little garbage cups:< Just an observation.

crt
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I don't care for all the waste these machines make. All the little garbage cups:< Just an observation.
    I have the reusuable filter cup that allows me to use my own coffee, and makes no waste whatsoever. I think it's called "My K Cup" or something along those lines. I use it every day, and haven't bought KCups in a very long time. You can get it where you buy the brewers, from Amazon, and other places online. It also is much less expensive than the KCups, too.

Quote Originally Posted by crt
    I have the reusuable filter cup that allows me to use my own coffee, and makes no waste whatsoever. I think it's called "My K Cup" or something along those lines. I use it every day, and haven't bought KCups in a very long time. You can get it where you buy the brewers, from Amazon, and other places online. It also is much less expensive than the KCups, too.
    Good to know.

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by crt
    Good to know.
    And coffee grounds are great for compost! I just have a regular machine, but I compost the filter and all. If I had the Keurig, I would get the reusable one too.

Banned
    Sorry, I don't drink coffee but best of luck.

My reuseable filter cup leaked. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Gave it to my daughter - it leaked in her machine also. Have you had this problem with yours?

crt
    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Jean
    My reuseable filter cup leaked. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Gave it to my daughter - it leaked in her machine also. Have you had this problem with yours?
    No..That's really strange! Where was it leaking from? I do know that you have to be careful not to screw the lid on too tight, or it'll break the threads....wanna know how I know? lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast