Kindle Fire HDX 7"

Old 04-25-2014, 10:22 AM

Default Kindle Fire HDX 7"

My husband bought me an early mothers day/birthday present the other day. I have used a kindle 2nd generation with key board, for several years and loved it. I also have a galaxy tablet 7" that ive used for quite a long time too. Ive carried both of these in my bag and have used both everyday..my galaxy tablets kindle app never worked. It always froze up and reboot my tablet. it was very frustrating. Thats why i carrried both. My galaxy was for online stuff mostly..

What i will love about my Fire HDX is that i will only carry it and not two electronics at the same time !!! Less bulk and weight!!

Anyone else have the kindle fire hdx 7"?

I read on my kindle every day! Love love love Kindle...

Wendy
Old 04-25-2014, 10:50 AM

Just got one yesterday, never had a tablet before and don't have a smart phone (they always want to tell me I'm stupid) so this weekend will be learning how to use. Can't wait for my sons to come visit as they are computer nerds and will be able to demonstarte how it works. Looking forward to using it to access my library.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM

I have the Fire HDX and a 2nd gen. Kindle and an iPad, and I love them all, but I really prefer reading on the 2nd gen. Kindle- easier on the eyes. We are going to Disney World next month and I'm trying to decide whether to take the Fire or the iPad. Fire is smaller and lighter, but the iPad is more user friendly(probably cause I've had it the longest) since I don't have a smart phone the iPad will probably go for the camera capabilities and I can still use my Kindle app on it.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 PM

I have the old kindle fire, didn't want the HD one, and love mine, I use it just like any ipad, love it for games, movies, books, surfing the web
Old 04-27-2014, 06:53 AM

I have the kindle fire hd and love it. It reads to me so I save my eyes. I just bought the Galaxy the 10 inch one and it is awesome for downloading my artwork. I do have an ipad that I hate tho lol. it just does stuff to annoy me like change pages and then I can't get back to what I was doing. Hubby is going to get that one.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:54 PM

Well I have a kindle......do not like paging with it.....sometimes it will jump and then I do not know where I am....rather hold a book in my hand....downloaded a quilting pattern book...what a pain in the butt..again want a hard copy....but that is just me.now my iPad .another nightmare but again me! Is probably my fault....and to go for class....40 miles away......not anytime soon
Old 04-27-2014, 04:04 PM

I have the Kindle fire that was just before the HDX came out. I use it for listening to my audio books but send them to the Kindle from Audible web site on my PC. The scrolling on the fire is the pits. I also use it to watch my emails. but will answer by way of computer. The Kindle tends to think it knows more about what I intend to say than I do. LOL. Same reason I do very few text messages with smart phone.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:22 PM

I have a Nexus 7" tablet that my son gave me for Christmas. I have apps to read kindle books or epub books as there are a lot of free ones on line (love to look for the free ones on Amazon). Lots of Android apps.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:01 AM

Had the first generation and got the Kindle Fire HDX about 2 months ago. It is my constant companion. Makes reading much easier for these old eyes. It gets much more use than my laptop.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:25 AM

my grandkids have the kindle fire and I was not too impressed.I have the Samsung tab 3 8 inch and love it.There are more free apps on Google and you can add up to 32 gb for the price of a micro sd card.just my opinion. I also do not read books so that is also a factor in my choice.