Kindle readers

Old 10-15-2011, 01:18 AM

there coming out with a new one its on amazon
Old 10-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Shayna, do you have the G3 connection? My SIL does and can use hers any where but in my opinion that makes it a little more expensive than I want. I can only connect if there is a wifi close by. I know that it is a computer but it is sort of useless to me if I can't get on wifi. I know the manuel is online but if you can't get online that makes it useless. With Kindel the manuel is just a click away. You don't have to be online to get to it. I wish I hadn't let DH talk me into the ipad. So I advise anyone who is looking to buy.......decide what your needs, wants are before you buy. I mainly wanted something to read books on so I wouldn't have to carry a ton of books every time we went someplace. My DH loves gadgets and any thing to do with computers and tools. I should have just listened to myself instead of letting him talk me into something I didn't really want. And it was an expensive mistake!! But I will keep on keeping on trying to use it.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:57 AM

I have no problem just using wifi on my reading devices. I just buy/download a lot of books in advance and I always have a selection on there. I don't ever *need* to download a book right then and there if I'm not at home. It's never even come up. I would love an ipad but then again, I probably play games on my nook/droid device as I much as I do reading on it. You should be able to get a pdf of the ipad manual to keep on your device. I have one for my ipod touch so I'm guessing they offer one for the ipad also..
Old 10-15-2011, 09:57 AM

I understand but wifi is almost anywhere now. Unless u r in a rural area. I don't know. Anything u download when u have wifi stays on for your use. All books downloaded are there for you no matter where u are. I just hoped you wouldn't give up so fast so you could enjoy it. Go to your library or any place u have wifi and download manual and everything else u can. I learned by trial and error. Hang in there. It's too good to give up.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM

Gale and Shayna, I haven't given up yet. Don't know why I didn't think of downloading a pdf of the manuel. Good idea. We live in an area of west texas that has lots of dead spots for cell phones. West Texas is FLAT so I don't know why the dead spots but you have to be pretty close to the wifi host or customer to get a good reception. We have wifi at our house but it makes lots of difference as to if I am upstairs or down for what kind of signal I get. I know, doesn't make much sence. I haven't given up.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM

Gale and Shayna, I haven't given up yet. Don't know why I didn't think of downloading a pdf of the manuel. Good idea. We live in an area of west texas that has lots of dead spots for cell phones. West Texas is FLAT so I don't know why the dead spots but you have to be pretty close to the wifi host or customer to get a good reception. We have wifi at our house but it makes lots of difference as to if I am upstairs or down for what kind of signal I get. I know, doesn't make much sence. I haven't given up.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:01 PM

I think one of the bad things about people surfing on their phones or ipads is the abundance of text-speak. I can't read a post with U and UR and L8 and stuff like that in it. I see that stuff and just move on-even on my tiny phone that is not very text friendly I make sure to spell out words. It doesn't take that much longer.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:55 AM

I just wanted to connect with some readers. My name is Tammy D. Thompson, author of seven titles. They are all now on Kindle. I hope you get a chance to read my books when you get the chance. Thanks for being a reader. www.tammydthompson.com