Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: kitchen project

Blog Entries

kitchen project

Name:  IMG_1317.jpg
Views: 3106
Size:  607.8 KBSome may remember back in 2010 I did a $120.00 DYI of my ugly kitchen until we could afford to have it totally redone. I had those ugly 1970 lamimate cabinets, old appliances, laminate countertops...well my redo was awesome, painted the cabinets white with special cabinet paint, sprayed my countertops and then coated them with clear poyurathine (how ever that is spelled) put on knobs and lasted 4 years and even would be longer, but we saved, and saved and decided to finally do another upgrade, which will be our last oh just FYI...thae 20.00 countertop that I sprayed with stone paint still looked good...the contractors were amazed and counld not believe how real they looked. Well here we go.....Day 1 - Clean out day, took off knobs, cleanned out drawers, counters and ready to contractors.

Name:  day 1.jpg
Views: 3030
Size:  667.3 KBDay 2 - this was what I cam home to after work...they found two dead mice, thankfully they got rid of them before I got home. Appliances in my livingroom. I have to admit though they were clean...all dust and everything removed...they had a dump truck ready and took it all away.

Blog Entries
    Name:  day 2.jpg
Views: 2971
Size:  5.6 KBDay 3
    Name:  day 4.jpg
Views: 3012
Size:  706.9 KBDay 5 - I skipped a day...it them putting in the new lights and bringing in the cabinets but they were not installed yet

Blog Entries
    Day 6 they removed the fan and rewired it so its not in my livingroom...LOVE it - Day 7 more shopping...we ordered a new diningroom light, light for about the sink. I think Monday they will start on the floor and order the granite countertops. Still a lot of work to go, but so far its going very fast.

Total transformation ...it does not even look like the same kitchen! Love the new cabinets! Enjoy your new kitchen!!!

Blog Entries
    I can tell I was on pain killer with my post...the fan is now in the livingroom and love it. Not getting much sleep I have a shot in the shoulder due to frozen shoulder. this is day three and still in lots of pain and no sleep. I was hope every few hours. Oh well...hope you enjoy the progress of the kitchen. I can't wait till my house is back in order.

Power Poster
    Looking good! My sympathy for the messed up shoulder. I mess mine up last year and it took most of the year to almost heal. I still have to be careful not to overuse it but at least the excruciating/not being able to sleep has passed.

Boy, can I have your old cabinets? Sure are better than mine! Congratulations on the new kitchen. Hoe you heal quickly.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

that looks so nice you will love it

Blog Entries
    Name:  before kitchen.jpg
Views: 2901
Size:  26.3 KBthis was what it looked like before i took off knobs.

Blog Entries
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 2884
Size:  115.0 KBthis was what the cabinets looked like before i painted the white and added knobs. I miss my white redo that was only 120.00 but can't wait for this new kitchen. Its like a whole new house.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast