Lack of posting

Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 AM
lgc

I receive the Quilting Board message board digest everyday in my email. I don't get the chance to read them every day so I may have 3 or more plus the extra weekly one sometimes. I read the main topics, the pictures and general chit-chat, as well as skim thru the classifieds.
I find that I don't login when going thru the emails, so I don't reply to most posts because when I do login I am sent to the Home page, I then have to go back to the email to find the topic title that I wanted to reply to and search for it. Then I find out that there may be 7 pages of responses, and don't bother to post after all. Does anyone read all the pages of responses?
My point is... that just because I don't post frivolously I still consider myself a "regular".
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 AM

I don't bother with the posts that have 7 pages of responses, either - it gets pretty frustrating because there are SO MANY posts saying the same thing over and over and over... it's obvious no one is reading anything.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 AM

I read a lot of them also and don't post after seeing many many pages of posts...however when the topic strikes my fancy I will read each and every post and then make a comment so I can check on further remarks or developments within the topic.

I know when I post a topic it makes me feel good to even see pages of "good" "great" or "I like its" ... a few words never hurt regardless how many times they are said.

Guess I contradict what I do with what I like but mmmmm I'll have to think about it more.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

It only matters if you want to place an ad in the classifieds to SELL something or in the donations/PIF section to ASK for something.

There are times when there seems to be nothing new, useful, or relevant to add to a thread.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

As with all things in life... It depends. If the topic interests me I will read every post. If the topic is mine, I feel obligated to read every post in case someone asks me a question. If it is a topic I posted on early on I will often read most of the posts that come after if it is a topic that is technique related, not just a picture with pages and pages of ooohs and aaahs. There are also topics where I skim through and if a picture quilt posts that I feel is exceptional I don't care if it has 20 pages of posts I will post on it too!

I only access the board through the internet. I have all email capabilities disabled. I just find it easier to login and navigate the board that way.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 AM

I read what interests me. I was gone for several days in the past and lost the "a regular here". I am not here because of that or the lack of it. I am here because I found this wonderful place and so many wonderful people. I think it is the "little foxes that spoil the vine" and who are we trying to impress. This is not meant as personal so please don't misunderstand. This is just my opinion and it is as free as the wind and it blows away with the wind.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 AM

if you just log in everyday and go to unread topics, the newer stuff is at the top, you can get to comment before it gets so many pages
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
As with all things in life... It depends. If the topic interests me I will read every post. If the topic is mine, I feel obligated to read every post in case someone asks me a question. If it is a topic I posted on early on I will often read most of the posts that come after if it is a topic that is technique related, not just a picture with pages and pages of ooohs and aaahs. There are also topics where I skim through and if a picture quilt posts that I feel is exceptional I don't care if it has 20 pages of posts I will post on it too!

I only access the board through the internet. I have all email capabilities disabled. I just find it easier to login and navigate the board that way.

Exactly my thoughts. :)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM

I have this forum on my bookmarks toolbar. All I have to do is click on it.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:02 AM

I use the digest too, but since I don't log out, I don't have to log in to post. Depending on the topic, I will read every response, some I don't even click on. It also depends how it's titled. Then, if what I say would be redundant, I don't say it, unless I feel very strongly about it. I do like to post a couple of words for those who post pictures of their projects to encourage them. I know when the situation is turned, those little words go a really long way to encourage me :thumbup: :thumbup:
I haven't been a "regular" person in my whole life - not worried about starting now :) (But I also don't sell things, so the status doesn't impact me, and I can be flip about it. I mean no disrespect to those who need to maintain the status for business purposes. I don't sell, but I do buy and I couldn't buy if you weren't here to sell!)