Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Lasik for me yesertday! One eyed monster! >

Lasik for me yesertday! One eyed monster!

Lasik for me yesertday! One eyed monster!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Default Lasik for me yesertday! One eyed monster!

Had the procedrue and follow up exam this am. But guess what? Doc said I'd be happy w/doing only one eye procedue to correct the near sightedness! Seems so odd to wake up this am and be able to see!

Dr Coleman said other eye w/adjuct for the reading. Only issue I have so far is computer work. So....went to my eye glass place and had them play w/my computer glasses. They replaced the script on left eye with no script lens so I'm using my right eye for computer stuff.

Dr Coleman said the brain w/adjust to what you are doing. Only concern I have....I'm Norweigen and some of us are slow to learn....anything!

Just practicing working with one eye and so far so good. Too bad eye surgery did nothing for my dependece on either spell check or the back space key!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:03 PM

lucky you. I recently was evaluated for Lasik. I found out the only (and I mean ONLY) thing about me that is too thin are my corneas. Way too thin for this surgery. Am I still bummed out or what? I was so looking forward to finding the floor in the morning before I put on the glasses I've needed for 50 years!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:02 PM

I envy you! I wanted this so bad but not qualified for it even though I am near sighted. Enjoy your new freedom from glasses!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 PM

I'm glad that you are happy with this. And nycquilter, don't feel bad.
Years ago I had Lasik surgery on both eyes. One for long distance, one for short. Great; I can drive AND read without glasses.
However, my depth perception is off and all my quilts are crooked!
Beware what you wish for!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:41 PM

I am also near-sighted, but correct it by wearing one contact for distance. I learned early I could not do decorative painting with the one contact in. I've got really good up close vision. It is so nice to drive, do yard work, etc. without glasses sliding down my nose. But again I take it out when I do paper piecing or anything other than a straight 1/4" stitch. So if your problem is only seeing far away.........check out this option.