Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Last Night's Visitor

Blog Entries
    I love looking at animals in the wild. Deers are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

That's what happens to my bird feeders during the winter.... I could easily go through 20 lbs. of bird feed in 3 days if I kept them filled. I've had as many as six deer at a time in my back yard, eating from the bird feeders, even though I put out a deer block elsewhere for them! It begins to get expensive after a while!!

Quote Originally Posted by vivoaks View Post
    That's what happens to my bird feeders during the winter.... I could easily go through 20 lbs. of bird feed in 3 days if I kept them filled. I've had as many as six deer at a time in my back yard, eating from the bird feeders, even though I put out a deer block elsewhere for them! It begins to get expensive after a while!!
    YIKES! Are your feeders on poles? What type of seed do you use? I wonder if you could lure the deer away from the bird feeders, with cracked corn. At least it's a bit cheaper than the seed.

I had trouble with a squirrel raiding one of mine, so got a squirrel baffle for it. Strange thing is, he only seemed interested in that one feeder out of five (even when the others had the same seed - black oil sunflower). All of the feeders are alike and not within "jumping distance" of the trees. Maybe I just didn't notice him, on the others! LOL Now I just use the BOS in two feeders, with a mix in the others. The birds seem to approve.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

How cool is that?? Love the pictures thanks for sharing
    If it wasn't for stress.......I wouldn't have any energy at all !!
    Nancy

God's creatures are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We have deer that come and eat all my flowers at night. My husband offered to get something to repel them. I said, NO! They were here long before we were and they can eat anything they want.

Sew sweet. We have one that is eating my potted dahlias right by the living room window. The dahlias are toast, but I am hoping to get a picture of her that close to us

Blog Entries
    Awww.. What a great picture ! So innocent, huh?? Lol!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4