Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Night's Visitor

Last Night's Visitor

I was wondering why this birdbath was sometimes empty, in the mornings.

Name:  8_24_2013_0010.jpg
Views: 2296
Size:  594.7 KB Name:  8_24_2013_0014.jpg
Views: 2295
Size:  582.4 KB
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Oh Neesie what great pictures. It's the night thief - still, at least you know now.

Cute, our dogs drink out of ours. Which is funny they all have 5 gallon water troughs and another 1 gallon bowl to drink out of. I guess it must taste better.

Kola the cat drinks out of the bamboo plants ceramic pot all the time. And she has one of those water bottles that keeps a basin filled at all times. We even put rocks in it thinking that is what she likes about my plants water...lol Needless to say my poor bamboo plant never gets fertilized.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Yes, now you know where the water goes! Glad you got the pictures!

Great picture; you must have been sleepless last night, just waiting for the right moment. Looks like it might be dry in your area, for a deer to risk coming into water in the bird bath.

Then again, Animals will do what animals do. We have several 'clear' water pans around for the seven cats to drink out of for fresh water...and they go down to drink out of the small child's wadding pool that the ducks have gotten all dirty washing their beaks off and swining into the pool water.

It's a motion-sensor camera. However, I actually was awake and sitting in the living room, at that time! We live "out in the country" and often see deer running through the rear of our property. There's a creek that runs along the side but unless we get a lot of rain, it drains quickly. I have two birdbaths and rinse/fill them both, each evening (and again in the morning, if they need it). The other birdbath is closer to the treeline and during the dryer times, is frequently emptied at night. That one also had a visitor but still had some water in it (this morning), so I'm surprised the deer chose this one, which is pretty close to the house.

Waiting on a lawn mower belt to arrive, in order to cut that grass!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

That is a great photo. Here, they come up to my walk and eat the plants. Even in the daylight they will come up in yards to eat the plants. It is so very dry here they will look for food and water where they can find it.

Blog Entries
    That is very funny. They are so smart and opportunistic. The deer in my woods stand and watch from about forty feet away when DH put out corn and seed for them. They are at it as soon as he goes around the corner of the house, like clock work.
    What fun.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Power Poster
    too funny!!!
    QUILTNMO

Oh sweet!!!
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast