Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Leaf peeping in Vermont

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    A couple weeks ago someone wrote debating about vacationing in the northeast after all the flood damage. Well, Vermonters have scrambled and repaired nearly all the roads and bridges, and the foliage right now is beautiful. The problem -- tourists are not showing up, and many have cancelled. Many businesses in VT are now experiencing a nearly 25% loss of their year's income due to the no shows during this prime vacation period. Please, people, if you thought of traveling to the northeast for leap peeping, don't cancel your plans. You will not only see beautiful scenery, but very resilient people working like crazy to return their lives to normal. And, the sight of the new geology and geography created by the flood waters is pretty awesome, too.

I wish I were able to come.

Vermont is a beautiful state and I have visited it often. But do to health problems we are no longer able to travel .but I do love the state. I also have spent many vacations in Mass. too.

My sister and I took a road trip through Vermont this past weekend. Foilage is wonderful, roads are fixed, and we met lots of lovely people.

I wish I could see the beautiful foliage.

I would go in a heartbeat if I could afford the road trip! I am a Southerner, but I LOVE New England!!