Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Learning how to create topic and add picture....

I don't have pictures of the quilts I've done ... so, I'll practice with a picture I do have! Well, here's some of the cows anyway! I did an oil painting of one of them and hope to create an art quilt from it. Can't seem to duplicate all the colors I want in fabric paint. Has anyone figured out how to do that?

checking on the cows!
    Name:  Attachment-157153.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  100.9 KB

Blog Entries
    It is beautiful where you live, love your cows :D:D:D

There's a medium that you can buy that allows you to turn any acrylic paint into fabric paint. I think it's called So-Soft. It's mixable with Plaid, Art Deco, Ceramcoat, etc. and let's you paint on fabric without it becoming really stiff. You might try something like that to add a few highlights/lowlights to your fabrics when creating your art quilt. Please practice on scraps first. Personally I prefer dry brushing very thin layers on until I get the look I want.

Thank you, Raptureready, for the info. Looks like I have a lot of paint and fabric testing to do!