Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Les Miserable - Film.

Blog Entries
    I saw one review that stated they felt screamed at for two and a half hours. Go figure. i did not see it yet.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I couldn't believe it didn't win Best Picture tonite at the Golden Globes! I was in total shock...;o(

My daughter and I went yesterday and we loved it. I was surprised in some places, overcome with emotion in others and disappointed only with the innkeeper and his wife. The time went by quickly and I felt exhusted when it was over. If it wasn't so far to the theater I'd go again.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

I have avoided the stage version for years-I didn't like Phantom either. Anyway, Glenn insisted we go to the movie. I found it excrutiating and when it was done asked Glenn how I would ever recapture the almost 3 hours of my life I gave up to see it.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

[QUOTE=countrymaid;5785666]My daughter and I went yesterday and we loved it. I was surprised in some places, overcome with emotion in others and disappointed only with the innkeeper and his wife. The time went by quickly and I felt exhusted when it was over. If it wasn't so far to the theater I'd go

I felt the sme way about the inn keepers. Not good choices for their parts. but am going to see it again thus week.

I just got home from seeing the movie with my dd. We both enjoyed very much. I love the book, I love the older movie versions so I knew I'd love this one too. Ann Hathaway did a great job and so did Russel Crowe and of course Hugh Jackman was wonderful. My least favorite were the inn keepers and anything to do with their scenes. Nothing personal against the stars but I just didn't appreciate their parts at all. I am so glad I got to see it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3