Less Postings

Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM

I think losing the old button that pulled up the newest posts was a major loss. I see no point in the "What's new" button we have now. I've also marked everything as "read" but they keep showing up.

I do love the preview that comes up when your arrow hovers over the subject. I think we're losing a lot of interaction because we can read the first few lines and moving on to the next line. Before, I might have clicked on a subject and read some or all of the replies and commented myself. Now, I could be losing a lot of information by skipping the whole thing after reading the little preview.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:57 AM

Not only are there fewer postings, but when someone puts up a picture of an ugly quilt (or at least, an average looking quilt) all the posts are variations of 'Oh, how pretty. Of course the people will love it that pink and purple quilt in their red and orange bedroom!' My point being, we don't seem to offer any constructive advice, and get offended if somone suggests that perhaps a quilt might be received with less than open unrestricted, unbridled appreciation - never mind how many threads we have had about relatives and friends who never said 'thank you' and who gave our quilt to the dog to sleep on, or the son to use under his car when he changed oil. Sometimes I think everyone left but the Pollyannas among us. It gets boring at times. Are we so fragile that we can't receive some constructive advice? When a quilt we pictured gets a ho hum reception, can't we be honest enough to report that and ask for advice? NO ONE puts up a picture and says ' This quilt which I thought they would like, has never been out of the closet, and I made it for their sofa. What do you think is wrong? Here's a picture of their living room.' Wouldn't that be interesting and refreshing and honest.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 AM

I've also noticed, I am home all day do to being disabled, I use to check this several times a day just to keep up, now If I miss a day there are just a few new postings.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 AM

It seems like the heart of this board has gotten smaller, miss alot of the ease of the old board
Old 12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by Dianemarie View Post
Yes I have noticed also; but also wondering if its the season and many people are quilting and doing holiday functions. I'm sure there are some who are frustrated with the new board and are just thinking to wait til they have more time to find their way around the new board and ask questions. Yep thats what I think.

Happy Quilting !
Thats what I have been thinking too....all boards are slow this time of year.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03 PM

I liked the old one better,and don't spend as much time on it now.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Administrator

• It's a very busy time of year.
  • Some members are still adjusting mentally and emotionally to the changes.
  • Photos that would normally have been posted as threads/topics are sometimes being added to member albums instead.
  • Members are using their new blogs. Those posts won't show up under "What's New" or in the emailed topic recommendations.
I feel compelled, also, to point out to those who are complaining about the spirit or atmosphere ... posts like this one certainly don't add to any sense of fun.

The more you talk it down, the more you complain, the more you resist learning the new way around, the less surprised you should be if things aren't all puppies and balloons.

There is a lot here to appreciate that we didn't have before. There are things we haven't started taking full advantage of, too.

You aren't obligated to appreciate it, but I do encourage you to explore. You might be pleasantly surprised.