Lets share cute stories...

Old 08-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Gotta tell you this one: This evening DH and I were dining at our favorite Mexican restaurant. This large party of ten came out to the patio and all sat down. The twin boys (maybe 3) sat together on the end near our table. They each ordered a quesadilla. When their food arrived, the twin wearing the glasses, sat back in his chair and folded his arms in front of him completely unhappy with his dinner. His mom said "What's the matter?" to which he replied "They forgot to put the yellow in my cheese again!" She says well you ordered a quesadilla and that's how they make them here. With that, he simply pulled the queso dip over in front of his plate and said "well, they put plenty of yellow in here - I'll just do it myself." He was perfectly content dipping his quesadilla in that yellow cheese dip, but he did lean over to his brother and say "How can you eat that when it's all wrong?" His brother was perfectly content. Kids are too funny...
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM

I was reminded of a couple of my kid's funny sayings the other day. When Katherine was little, she would get "up-sided" (excited)! And my DS would be "re-hausted" (exhausted). We still say both of those things!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM

These are too funny.

When my three year-old nephew gets mad at me, he tells, "I'm not your aunt anymore."
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by qbquilts View Post
These are too funny.

When my three year-old nephew gets mad at me, he tells, "I'm not your aunt anymore."
LOL! That's too cute!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 PM

When my DD was little, she was explaining our family to me. "Mimi (my mother)is the Grandmother. You are the Grandaughter. And I'm the grand sister".... I guess I was "the grand daugher" because I was the daughter of the grandmother. And DD was her brother's sister, so, I guess it all makes sense now...
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 PM

I have one my 10 year old son got ahold of my spray basting and decided to spray it on the floor. I asked him why he did it and he said he wanted the cats (kittens) to stick to the floor so they would leave him alone.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 PM

When I was in college, I was a live in baby sitter for a family. The baby turned 2 and got to open all these presents, and all the presents where for him. I found him the next day in my bathroom under the sink. He found my box of pads, those ones that are prettily wrapped so as not to be obvious. He had opened every single one then asked me why I had wrapped them.

I'm bad about not completely listening on the phone with my mom. She gets to talking about her friends that I don't know and I do the "uh huh, oh, really, yeah" while I do something else. One day I heard her say "How are you?" So I answered, "Fine, how are you doing?" She started laughing, she's from Missouri/Kansas area and she was talking about Hawaii, everything that ends in an I is pronouced "a" Missoura, Hawiaya....
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 PM

we used to have a lot of fun at my mom's expense. we were 3 girls in stair step position ( every 2 yrs). when one of us would call mom we would keep her guessing which one she was talking to. our voices were so alike she had to wait for a clue like a husband's or pet's name, or a specific mention of our job. the challenge was keeping the conversation going the longest without her guessing correctly. i was so good at it, that if the conversation went long enough then it had to be me. lol
Old 08-23-2012, 04:06 AM

I recently visited family in Indiana and was talking to my cousins GGD who is 3, I asked if I could hold the toy she had and she let me hold the sea turtle. Well, I worked with children most of my life so I was talking to the stuffed turtle. When I handed it back to her she looked at me and very seriosly said'It is just a toy sea turtle and toys do not talk." LOL
Old 08-23-2012, 06:16 AM

OH MY WORD!!! I laughed sooooo hard! Thanks, thanks to everyone for sharing!!! "Kids say the darnest things"?!!! They say it as they see it!!! Reminds me when my grandkids small. They are growing up toooooo fast. My 2nd grandson used to say "commaudie" for commode & potty. My baby girl GD used to say "pupcake" for cupcake. When real small they'd say Uncle Wandy for Uncle Randy. Thank God I still have my memories, even if grandkids aren't living close to me anymore, they are living now in China! I pray to go visit them in Oct. Am trying to keep it a secret... Paperwork, wow!!!