Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln the Movie

Blog Entries
    This movie is on today in Crossville, TN. We plan to go see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    Helou, thanks for posting the pics! It IS fun to see a movie you were so close to the filming of, isn't it? I did not know they were doing that filming in 2011, and I live in VA, so thanks again for posting! Can't wait to go see the movie soon.
    CindyA, You're very welcome. We were some disappointed to not be able to go into the capitol but at the same time it is interesting to witness the set up for one of Spielberg's film... amazing how things just happen when you don't expect them... in our own city tourists see thing that we don't even know
    I thought it was nice that they even put up a sign saying why the lawn was not mowed lolll

I'm trying to post a pic of that sign but I guess I can't make it work this morning...
    Last edited by helou; 12-25-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    trying again!
    Last edited by helou; 12-25-2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: sorry it does not work I grab a coffe and wake up first! loll

We saw the movie as soon as it came out. Yes it is long but you don't realize it while watching it. Didn't even make a dash for the little girls room it was so good. After the movie, my Dh said, do you realize that is the first movie we have ever seen that we didn't at least make ONE comment on? We said nothing to one another, just watched closely. We dated 5 yrs before being married 45 yrs so that says something...go see it, you won't regret it and your bum won't even notice ...hee hee

will see it when it comes this way

We will wait for it to come out on DVD. Next week after all the kiddies around town go back to school, we are going to go see The Hobbitt.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

The political maneuvers were outstanding. I want to know what happened to Honest Abe?

Blog Entries
    Heard it was good but appreciate your take on it also, Thank you.
    DeAnne

Last year I had the opportunity to hear Doris Kearns Goodwin speak about her Lincoln book (which the movie was based on). Loved her, loved the book. That made me a little apprehensive that the movie wouldn't live up to my expectations. But it did! I'd urge anyone with an interest in history or politics to see the movie. What I found most interesting was that Lincoln made his rivals into his cabinet. Maybe Washington would be working better now if they'd try that.

I am reading the book....am looking forward to the movie....glad to hear that it is so good!!!
    There is no place like home!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast