Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln the Movie

I agree. Lincoln is a great movie. It is interesting that political tricks and maneuvering have been going on for a long time.

Blog Entries
    In my 65 years I have been to 2 movies where the audience clapped after it ended. Lincoln was one of them. It was just a brilliant movie in every way and very thought provoking.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    the only thing... it's 2.5 hrs long!
    The time flew by - I didn't notice it was long at all. It was wonderful, and I'd see it again.

Hubby and I saw it and it was a great movie. Will be joining our movie collection!

We loved it too. I am with all those people who are talking Oscar for Daniel Day Lewis. It was moving.

Blog Entries
    My husband is a history buff and said the movie was true to history. Loved Abe and Mrs. Lincoln. Sally Fields was wonderful as his wife. What an actress! Interesting how it was the Democrats that did not want to abolish slavery. Very interesting how our politics keep changing. I give the movie an A+. I may see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by memereof8 View Post
    My husband is a history buff and said the movie was true to history. Loved Abe and Mrs. Lincoln. Sally Fields was wonderful as his wife. What an actress! Interesting how it was the Democrats that did not want to abolish slavery. Very interesting how our politics keep changing. I give the movie an A+. I may see it again.
    Yes, interesting. I believe there has been a switch in the philosophy of the parties, although I'm not sure when that happened. Sally Fields, awesome, if genereous (?), portrayal of Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by helou View Post
    CindyA, You're very welcome. We were some disappointed to not be able to go into the capitol but at the same time it is interesting to witness the set up for one of Spielberg's film... amazing how things just happen when you don't expect them... in our own city tourists see thing that we don't even know
    I thought it was nice that they even put up a sign saying why the lawn was not mowed lolll

I'm trying to post a pic of that sign but I guess I can't make it work this morning...
    If you are able to post pic of the sign re: lawn not mowed, I'd still love to see it.

We took our sons (16 and 20 yrs) to it and they enjoyed it enough to comment and listen to a few comments by their father and me. Now that's saying something about a historical film!!

Blog Entries
    Name:  Floride novembre 2011 009.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  54.2 KBthere, I think it worked, I am more awake this morning and I have my cup of coffee loll

I thought it was nice to see the explanation ...

I loved the movie. The 2 1/2 hours goes by quickly. I don't know enough about Daniel day-Lewis to have recognized him, but it was like Lincoln came to life! I will never look at a picture of Lincoln the same way again. While Sally Field did a great job, I still had trouble believing she was Mary Lincoln - just that Abe had married Sally Field!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast