Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Living Life .... One Stitch at a Time! **  Share you Quilting Stories With US   (Enjoy!) >

Living Life .... One Stitch at a Time! ** Share you Quilting Stories With US (Enjoy!)

Living Life .... One Stitch at a Time! ** Share you Quilting Stories With US (Enjoy!)

Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Google Goddess

Living Life ... One Stitch at a Time

I was just thinking Life is so short. We need to start Living Life.. one stitch at a Time when we are quilting and in every day life with our families.

Quilting is so fun and relaxing and what a wonderful craft that we have.

Share your quilting stories with us!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Google Goddess

Karen from Indiana, USA

I started quilting years ago but just now got back into quilting last year. I am having so much fun and have joined 2 quilting guilds and a sew day group.

I have been surfing and finding cool links about quilting along with the history. The history is so interesting and I have learned alot.

I created some blogs to start saving the links that I find while surfing and lots of great information. I am now printing some charts out along with free patterns to start a quilting notebook.

I went to an antique store last week and found some old quilt magazines. I am having a blast looking at them.

I remember when my grandma would take to me to her quilting bee and the ladies would hand quilt the big quilts. I now have her old sewing machine in cabinet.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Google Goddess

Who is next to tell us about your quilting story!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:35 AM

Karen-interesting topic. I started quilting years ago, self taught, not great at it, but really enjoyed it and found it relaxing.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to our craft. Everything is done in fast mode: speed cutting, speed piecing, hurry up. Oh, I'm guilty of this, too-can't wait to start the next projects and I want or have every new gadget that's come along.

I try to tell new quilters to relax and enjoy themselves. If and when it's not fun any more, take a break and try something else. Life is stressful; why would you want a hobby that is stressful? (Of course, right now I'm stressing to get household chores done so I can hurry up and quilt today LOL).

Happy 4th of July!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

Jan, loved your post. I know what you mean. It seems that life is in fast mode no matter what we're doing :(
I left hospital nursing b/c it was just too fast-paced. While I loved patient care dearly, the chaos became too much for me.
But I'm also guilty of the same thing and TRY to pace myself, even with quilting. Needlework was always a great way to relax but quilting has pretty much taken over as my favorite way of expression. I've always loved working with my hands. It centers me :)
Craftybear- thanks for the great thread :)
Old 07-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Jan, I loved your post , too!
My favorite way to quilt is the traditional way, and so slow! I really like cutting fabric by hand ect, but it does take forever!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Google Goddess

wow, awesome posts, thanks everyone, we all need to sit back, relax and enjoy each day of our life. Who cares about housework if everything isn't done, it is our home. If someone starts complaining they can pitch in and help. That is what I do with my hubby, and guess what it works, ha ha Don't tell him!

Happy Quilting Everyone and Enjoy Your Day!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftybear
wow, awesome posts, thanks everyone, we all need to sit back, relax and enjoy each day of our life. Who cares about housework if everything isn't done, it is our home. If someone starts complaining they can pitch in and help. That is what I do with my hubby, and guess what it works, ha ha Don't tell him!

Happy Quilting Everyone and Enjoy Your Day!
Crafybear, you are my kind of person :D
Have a great rest of the day!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Google Goddess

Happy 4th of July!

Happy quilting and be safe!