Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Look what I just found

I went to let me dog out and I found this poor little opossum sleeping in tires under my back awning...I'm about to call animal control to have them remove him (don't know if he's rabid or not) but I feel so bad for him!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

o my

Becareful, never know if they are sick.

Oh it is so ugly it is cute!! We had them living under our home growing up they did a lot of damage it might not hurt to call animal control they sometimes relocate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
    Becareful, never know if they are sick.
    That's why I called Animal control...they'll be here within a half hour to remove him.

Blog Entries
    WOW,that's neat wonder where he came from?

Blog Entries
    Good of you to get him/her to safety. We had one in our yard once and he/she got near to our cat who just laid by it and the oppossum just laid there like he was sleeping until the cat walked off. No one had a fight, but it was the funniest thing I ever saw.

Animal Control came and got him and will bring him to a wildlife vet for treatment ( he was attacked by another animal) then after he's rehabed they will release back into the wild. Poor little guy was shaking so bad from the cold...I'm glad they will take care of him and not kill him. The lady told me if I hadn't called, he would have stayed in the tires and died there, he was pretty beat up and really thin.

One time my mom and dad called animal control because they had one in their garage....the cops came to their house and put the animal in a bucket and said they would release it in the country.

Funny thing is they came and drove over to the park right next to my house and released it! I happen to be on the phone with my mom when the cops drove up right next to my house and let the critter out of the bucket. We both laughed so hard about it....but at least it ran into the woods and not towards my house.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What a kindness you did for that little furry guy. I love people like you!!! ( that means you, huh?? ) :D:D