Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
looking at  my canceled checks,, ..surprized >

looking at my canceled checks,, ..surprized

looking at my canceled checks,, ..surprized

Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 PM

While getting my taxes ready, I went back thru all my canceled checks for the year. Except for the Gas station and Grocery store ,90% of my money was spent at either Fabric shops or Green houses. I admit that I have no real life except for Gardening and learning the Quilting craft, but I need to put on my " Big Girl Pantys " be responscible and stop spending so much money ! Has any one else stopped and looked at what they have really spent? OMG....
Old 01-30-2011, 03:25 PM

Better those places than liquor stores and cigarette stands, right? Does it give you pleasure? Can you afford it?
If so, don't worry about it. (Think of all the people who have to have tons of fancy shoes or pocket books...)
:)lots2do
Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM

I have stopped buying much fabric for the most part for awhile. I just have so much of it. I will always buy what people don't want tough. So much cheaper that way.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:50 PM

Nope -- i'm not going to go look....refuse to.......It's my money and spend it like I want to, spend it like I want to, spend it like it want to.....:)
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM

I have recently had to take a good luck at what I was spending on fabrics, books, patterns, etc. because hubby is out of work for health reasons; and he isn't going back anytime soon. I certainly realize now that it is good for me to slow down, otherwise I will never use up all that I have. Sad that I have so much already. Did I enjoy all the shopping ...YES!! Will probably buy more when he goes back to work; but taking notice really makes one think twice about how much they are spending.
HAPPY QUILTING !!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:29 PM

the reason I know that I've been bad? if my daughter had done this, I would have wanted to kick her rear end....I am pretty big on living a conservative life style, now I just feel foolish. u know the ol saying." put ur money where ur mouth is?" looks like I need to keep my money in my wallet and my mouth closed! Am not telling folks not to buy Fabric/ treasures. Just say'n I needed a wake up call...the amount was pretty big.........on the other hand I'm ready for several big projects and I have some really beautiful Fabric.... sigh...Lord Help Me!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:59 PM

if I don't spend it on fabrics...I'm only going to spend it on Dr.'s or on Medication...
Fabrics are much more fun...
Old 01-30-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Nope -- i'm not going to go look....refuse to.......It's my money and spend it like I want to, spend it like I want to, spend it like it want to.....:)
I agree! As long as I pay the bills and leave DH enough to buy a new fishing pole now and then we are ok!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by GwynR
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I agree! As long as I pay the bills and leave DH enough to buy a new fishing pole now and then we are ok!
WHAT???? I'm supposed to let him buy a fishing pole???????????? Well, shoot...........ooooookaaaaaayyyy!:lol:
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Every Year hubby keeps a spreadsheet of all my 'quilting' related purchases for tax purposes..I never know the 'bottom line' total. Don't really want to know either.. I'm grateful for the shopping ability that I can do.. Do I feel guilty spending the amount of money I do when I walk out of the LQS at times ?!?!?!? Sometimes, but you live once and why not die happy.. If hes not complaining then why should I.. :D

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: