Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
looking for an overnight place for daughter; london, england >

looking for an overnight place for daughter; london, england

looking for an overnight place for daughter; london, england

Old 08-03-2014, 09:07 AM

Default looking for an overnight place for daughter; london, england

My daughter has an overnight with her flight home from ireland, lands at Heathrow at 2:35 august 6th and leaves again 10 am august 7th.
I wanted her to be able to see some london sights during that down time but i can not figure out where to book her a room. What are the areas near London that have decent transportation to and from Heathrow?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Any of the nicer downtown hotels should have service to the airport and can will have day tour groups too.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:30 PM

The Piccadilly underground station serves Heathrow, so you might try finding something close to that station.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 AM

Hiya, being an ex londoner I did a google search for you and found this really helpful site. https://www.google.co.uk/hotels/?gl=...;ph=0;si=;av=r The beauty of this site is that you can book her accommodation for her online, I assume you know her budget and what she would like so enjoy, I do hope she has a wonderful stopover in our Capital city as there is so much to see.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:14 AM

She can take the train from Heathrow to Victoria Station and stay at the Thistle Hotel in Victoria Station. She will be walking distance from Buckingham Palace. She would also be a short cab ride to Westminster and
Big Ben. The Thistle is a very old hotel, but clean and safe. The next morning she can have breakfast at the Hotel and take the train back to Heathrow. We have stayed at the Thistle several times and it is a safe place to stay and in the center of old England. If she has more than one bag I would suggest she leave the other in "Checked baggage" at Heathrow. Just take an overnight bag with her short stay. I am very envious.....Unfortunately overseas travel for us is not going to be possible due to medical issues now. Have a wonderful time!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Dix

We loved the Strand Hotel when were there several years ago! Great location and transportation to and from the airport.. Close to Charring Cross station and across from the Savoy!