Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Small Purse Pattern using only one tie

Blog Entries
    I was at a quilting tea and saw a small purse that was made from one tie only. I was told the tie was cut and reassembled to make a small purse with a flap.

I haven't been able to find the pattern for it. Does this pattern sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

would you be able to ask the lady who had it how it was made or ask her for a pattern. sounds interesting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litacats
    would you be able to ask the lady who had it how it was made or ask her for a pattern. sounds interesting
    Unfortunately she had misplaced the pattern in her files and hasn't been able to locate it. She wasn't hopeful about finding it. I've looked online, but have only found patterns of purses made with multiple ties.

Quote Originally Posted by thrums
    Quote Originally Posted by litacats
    Unfortunately she had misplaced the pattern in her files and hasn't been able to locate it. She wasn't hopeful about finding it. I've looked online, but have only found patterns of purses made with multiple ties.
    oh what a shame. I wish you well with your hunting for it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhunt1717
    Thanks for the link.:thumbup: I'm not sure it's exactly the pattern as described to me, but it's a good start. It seems to me she mentioned cutting smaller pieces.

I've been looking around the Internet with "one tie" in the search (before I search silk tie purse) and have found some interesting ideas.

Again, thank for your time.

jlw
    Did you ever locate your pattern? - I got one from a craft class in an RV park as we traveled. The picture file is too large to load here, but I can email the picture to you on request. jwalter@qis.net. One tie is cut into sections and the point makes a flap. the finished purse is about 8"x8".

Were you ever able to get a pattern for this? I'm looking for the same thing and haven't had any luck...If you have the pattern please let me know. You can email me at William636@centurytel.net - thanks, I would really appreciate it.

Was looking for a tie project for my daughter and found your request.. might this be the one ?? Second project down.
    http://www.asgdenvercolorado.com/ASG.../Projects.html

Blog Entries
    This looks very similar to the one I saw. I've saved the pattern. Thank you very much for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by yking904 View Post
    Was looking for a tie project for my daughter and found your request.. might this be the one ?? Second project down.
    http://www.asgdenvercolorado.com/ASG.../Projects.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast