Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for software to open the embroidery pes files on my computer >

Looking for software to open the embroidery pes files on my computer

Looking for software to open the embroidery pes files on my computer

Old 12-22-2016, 06:35 AM

Default Looking for software to open the embroidery pes files on my computer

I recently got a Baby Lock Adventura embroidery machine. I am looking for inexpensive software to open my embroidery designs before loading them on my machine. I am tech impaired, so I need something easy. Any Suggestions?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:53 AM

Try ped basic. ..maybe from the dealer
Old 12-22-2016, 09:38 AM

Are you wanting to see images of your downloaded designs? Change format? <cite style="FONT-STYLE: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto">.http://wilcomembroiderydesigns.blogs...-software.html
or </cite>
<cite style="FONT-STYLE: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto">http://www.wingssystems.com/index.php/products/myeditor/ Both are free Not familiar too much with Wilcom, but using My Editor all the time. You can print, cut parts away, change colors, rotate, enlarge & reduce, change format, and can even learn to digitize with it.
You have to open the programs to see images. If you want to pay abt $40 for a program you can own and install in as many computers...Embrilliance Thumbnails is wonderful. Any folder opened shows you images/jpgs and they are there comstantly-all the time. I would not give mine up, and the company is wonderful to work with if you have a prob.
If you are talking about "opening" zipped folders, there are numerous free programs for that. But you should only need for odd formats . I think you are wanting to see your designs before taking them to the machine??
PED Basic is a card writing software for moving designs to cards ant then to machine that must read cards. It is a great software to own if you need it--cost is abt $100 .
</cite>
Old 12-22-2016, 11:17 AM

I use ped basic on my laptop without card reader..just to see the design.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:32 AM

I have Design Gallery Studio , love it you can open design , change them & resize your designs.
Good luck ???
Old 12-24-2016, 09:15 PM

If you are not going to do anything besides opening and transferring your files, Embrilliance does have a free program,I cannot remember the name, but the website is very helpful.
Also, the Designers Gallery is really good program. Both of these programs have additions that can be purchased as your skills improve.
For an all out embroidery program, I would suggest Floriani Total Control-U. Not cheap, but no dongle, free monthly designs, video training on their "club site" ( once you purchase, you join the club and have unlimited videos and seminars. Best to purchase at a Floriani event, they offer better pricing and lots of free goodies.
I would also recommend Designers Gallery Creator (a digitizing program in 3 parts, and can be purchased separately or as a full digitizing program....a learning curve and you have to use it to gain confidence) . You also can add their DG Advanced, and you are in a full embroidery mode.
With all 3 programs, you have all the tools to design and digitize, your own designs, or you can manipulate designs by other companies.
I have an Aventura as my back up machine. I have a Destiny and the Enterprise 10 needle and use both programs. I am still learning each program every day. Just like playing the piano, or being a chef, you have to practice and work at it.
Don't be overwhelmed, read everything you can. Every (good) company will have a customer service department that will answer question or give you a dealer name in your area that can help you with your decision. Do not be persuaded to purchase something that is recommend, saying it is the only one that you machine will use. Your machine extension is .pes and almost every program will allow you to save in that extension.
Good luck.