Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for a specific bag pattern >

Looking for a specific bag pattern

Looking for a specific bag pattern

Old 03-20-2011, 05:06 PM

I am looking for a purse or bag pattern similar to the Ameribag that doesn't cause shoulder and neck discomfort. Done anyone know of any pattern for one of these? Thanks for your help. Themachinelady
Old 03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

do you have a link for the Ameribag, I am not familiar with it.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM

I just googled Ameribag and a bunch of places that have them for sale came up. I bought the one I have at Cabela's, Lands End has them as well. They are not cheap bags by any means, but I sure don't have the neck and shoulder pain since I started carrying one. I have the medium sized one and you can get quite a bit in it.

I just thought there might be a pattern to make one similar to it, if I don't find one, I guess I will try to cut a pattern of some kind from the one that I have.

They have all sizes and shapes I guess from the info I found on line. I didn't realize they had so many. I had just seen what I carry and it is what is referred to as the 'back bag' I think. It is oblong and more narrow at the top than the bottom. If I recall I think I paid about $60.00 for mine a number of years ago. I don't think I had ever paid that much for a purse in my life ha ha! You can tell I am not a big time spender.

Hope all this 'garbage' will help you to find them on the internet and see what they are.

Lee Ripperger aka Themachinelady from Central Mo.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned

oh, I have an elderly friend that has one...she paid a fortune for it at the shoe store...

I will search out my distributors and see if I can find a pattern close to that!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Banned

ok, so there are 747 "bag" patterns and I found only this one that comes close! It comes in two sizes and I have made the larger for my mom, she loves it and already wants more!

http://www.checkerdist.com/products/HTH225
http://www.checkerdist.com/products/HTH172
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Banned

I don't know if this would be helpful or not, but Vogue has a pattern V7862 that is a bag that is back and shoulder friendly. The strap is a little long, but could be shortened. It's definitely not an Ameribag, but it might work.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Thanks to all for the help, just found the replies to my request. I am having all kinds of trouble reading and getting these messages, so bear with me please. themachinelady