Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The lost thread....and screwdriver...

Red face The lost thread....and screwdriver...

I went the other day and bought a new spool of thread to do some FMQ on a quilt ...It got home with me and I remember picking it up off the table along with my screwdriver I use with my sewing machine!!! Later when I went to get it to wind some bobbins to to get ready to quilt I could not find it! I looked everywhere! In my sewing room, kitchen, in all the garbage cans, and yes even in the freeze and refrigerator!!! No where to be found! I gave up after 2 hours of looking. Decided to just go back to store and get another..but really hated losing my favorite screwdriver! I knew wherever they were they were together! I waited till DH left for work then took off to the store to get another spool. As I was pulling out of our subdivison low and behold there was my spool of thread in the middle of the road! I was so confussed! I just sat there wondering how on earth did it get there!! I was really beginning to worry about myself... Then thank goodness I remembered ! I had gone outside late yesterday to get the cat in because a pit bull was chasing him. I had layed it on the back of DH's truck so I could pick him up and I ran back inside..I was so upset with the dog in the yard I just forgot I had them...Of course the thread had been run over and squashed so had to go get more..when I went up the road a bit there was my screwdriver!!! On the way back I stopped and picked them both up.. Had to unwind some of the dirty thread but think I will can be used for piecing blocks..Would have loved to have seen my face when I saw that thread in the road...

Blog Entries
    Ohh what the mind will do when under stress.

Blog Entries
    that's a really funny story - after the frustration, that is
    Nancy in western NY

Power Poster
    Glad you found your favourite screw driver and thread. It would have driven me crazy wondering what I did with them if they hadn't been found. Even a little banged up it puts your mind at rest.

Blog Entries
    ha, ha. i'm glad you found it!! i put some Keep Out signs onto the top of my car in the garage thinking i'd see them. well i didn't see them until they flew off of my car and in front of me. I stopped and picked them up. i needed them to put under my Blue Spruce tree the neighborhood kids were making their home. so don't put thing on the car/truck. moral of this story.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the belly laugh!! I would have loved to see your face when it dawned on you as to how the thread got into the middle of the road!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Aint it just amazing!

Always good to figure things out. I hate when I can't remember what I did with something. You are not alone. Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

glad you kitten was safe! Drives me crazy when I have to keep looking for things...one of these days, I'm gonna find a huge pile of all my lost stuff...I know I will
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

sure am glad to know I'm not alone!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast