Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Low cost Christmas gifts and ideas >

Low cost Christmas gifts and ideas

Low cost Christmas gifts and ideas

Old 12-05-2011, 05:41 PM

So I went to a few craft stores and no wool for my felt soap so I put out a call of help from my friends. Well...One of my nieces answered the call...you can get the wool on line at Joanns http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...RODID=prd52712 - I have the instructions on how to make felt wool soap on my website which is below. I can't wait to try it...the wool shipment is on its way...and you can use the 40 percent off coupon which comes out about the same price as the regular price since you have to pay shipping.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
For those of you that live near a Michaels-they have ceramic mini loaf pans for $1. i buy them, bake a loaf of pumpkin bread in them and give them as gifts to family. One year i didn't have a chance to bake so i filled them with candy i ahd made.they are always a hit and my family re-uses the pans for candy dishes or dip bowls when they entertain.
One year i went in to michaels AFTER Christmas and the pans were .10. I bought a stack of them for the next years gifts.
What a fabulous idea! Thanks
Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 PM

here is a really fun and cheap idea. Salt ornaments - you can make these from children handprints, cookie cutters, dog or cat paws...anything. just be sure to make a hole with a straw. Salt dough recipe: 1 cup salt, 1 cup plain flour, Up to half a cup of water - mix and bake.