LQS destroyed be fire!!!!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
Boo Hoo!!!!! One of my favorate quilt shop- Shaker Tree in garretsville , Oh was destroyed by fire on Sat along with 12 other businesses. This was was a realy nice shop that carried a wide variety of fabric- batiks, 30's, floral, civil war as well as really cute country decorating items for the home or gifts. I will really miss this shop. I hope they rebuild!!!!!
I'm not far from there but never knew about that shop. So sad now that I missed it. I too hope they'll rebuild so I can visit!
The fire was horrible. Watched on the news and posts on Facebook. So sad to lose such history.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by luvstitches View Post
Even more sad to actually see it go up in flames. I was the last customer in the shop. Kim cut a yard of fabric
for me and then the electric went out. My husband was the first to call 911 because he was waiting for me outside while I was shopping.
It was the loveliest quilt shop with the nicest owners. I really hope the reopen and the town of Garrettsville, Ohio recovers from this.
It must have been terrible to see the fire and know that you were the shops last customer.

several of you mentioned that you were fairly local and did not about this shop. Getting to know where LQS are is a great reason to go on shop hops. NE Ohio has many good shops so do a google search to find many of them!!!! Or PM me and I will be happy to show you some!!!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
It must have been terrible to see the fire and know that you were the shops last customer.

several of you mentioned that you were fairly local and did not about this shop. Getting to know where LQS are is a great reason to go on shop hops. NE Ohio has many good shops so do a google search to find many of them!!!! Or PM me and I will be happy to show you some!!!!!
I go on at least 2 Shop Hops a year and this one was not at any of them. The next one here is the beginning of Apr and I'm not sure if I'm doing this one
Old 03-27-2014, 03:21 PM

Hope no one was hurt. Boston lost 2 firefighters yesterday. Sad day around this area.

Here's to hoping for rebuilding!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:35 PM

A LQS close to me came very close to going up in flames last year. A fire started in the back of the building, which was used by the owner as a warehouse. My hubby and I were driving through town and saw the column of black smoke and as we got closer I saw that it was the LQS's building. Fortunately for them the fire was put out quickly and they had only a bit of smoke damage in the shop. Also, many, many people helpd bring all the fabric bolts out of the building so they did not get smokey. They were closed for a week for cleaning and replacing a door the was broken down by the fire crew.