Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Sticky Fingers? Are you out there?

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    my brother in law manages a grocery store and sees theft daily. understandable in some cases but wrong none the less. But fabric?! c'mon lady!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    Several years ago there was a small crafty, fabric store. Near here. They closed because of so much theft. The teens etc from the neighborhood would come in and steal stuff just to be stealing. They didn't even need or want it. The store tried everything to stop it. One night they cut a hole in the roof and trashed the place. They shut down and moved to Florida. It is a shame what people will do.

It is a shame, especially since some of the thieves think they aren't hurting anyone but the store. They don't realize that the store then increases everything else to make up the profit lost. Others just think they're entitled.

Blog Entries
    Unbelievable! If she needed it that bad why not work out payment with store! Hope it was for a good cause and not just the sick thrill of stealing. Have never understood people that steal from others.
    DeAnne

No way is she in her fifties. I would say about 70. What a shame. No doubt someone who knows her will see this picture of her eventually

Quote Originally Posted by SewpahDewpah View Post
    For SHAME!!!

http://www.wric.com/story/20413597/w...-henrico-store

Hopefully none of us are Fabriholics to this degree.
    Karen from Appleton, Wisconsin

Blog Entries
    She could stand out side with a can for spare change and get enough money to purchase it.. I could never enjoy any thing made from some thing stolen.

I work right near Quilting Adventures and everyone in the shop is very nice. I hate to see this happen to them....or any store for that matter.

Blog Entries
    I live close to Richmond and Henrico Va. Nothing is safe there. All the quilters I know are so generous with their time and talent that I can't imagine any of them doing such a thing. Yet I had a vendor tell me that she had items stolen at the Hampton, Va. quilt show. So I guess this was not even an isolated incident

At least the store camera got a good picture of her. Hope they put it on the news and someone recognizes her and turns her in. If not she will do it again.

Blog Entries

teen stealing

I just heard a teenager on t.v. news who was trying to explain away the fact that he had been caught stealing. He said that stealing is a way of life to many of todays youth and is done for excitement more so than profit.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Several years ago there was a small crafty, fabric store. Near here. They closed because of so much theft. The teens etc from the neighborhood would come in and steal stuff just to be stealing. They didn't even need or want it. The store tried everything to stop it. One night they cut a hole in the roof and trashed the place. They shut down and moved to Florida. It is a shame what people will do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast