Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mary Jo's Cloth Store

Blog Entries

Mary Jo's Cloth Store

I know many of you are fans of Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC. We were up there last Wednesday afternoon, and when we finished shopping, Frank suggested we look for someplace to eat, and WE FOUND IT. At the front of the same building where Mary Jo's is at the back, we found QDOBA Mexican Grill. It was so good. We ordered burritos, and as we went down the line, they kept asking us, "Do you want Chicken or Steak, do you want black beans or pinto beans, do you want ... etc., etc.? On everything, kind of cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc. It was so big, we ate half for supper, and the other half for lunch the next day. And it was only $6.95.

The next time you go to Mary Jo's, be sure to go to QDOBA's, too, if you like Mexican food.

Thanks for the information. Years ago, I lived near Gastonia and went to Mary Jo's about once a week. I so miss being able to do that; but do plan a trip to Mary Jo's soon. I'll check out QDOBA's. Thanks!

Makes me want to take a roadtrip just for the burrito!

Blog Entries
    Gotta try the pork! My husband swears by the Mexican Gumbo! If you get a sweet craving, The Sweet Frog frozen yogurt shop just around the corner from QDOBA in the same building.

QDOBA makes a trip to MaryJo's much easier on my husband, lol

I love the shredded beef naked burrito--you get it in a bowl instead of wrapped up in the tortilla--much easier to eat with a fork, since the burrito's are so big. On Tuesday's they have double points on their card, so we usually eat lunch there every Tuesday! It really is good food.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Yum, love mexican food!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Great news to know about the mexican place. Thanks for sharing. If anyone goes to Holloway's Quilt Shop and retreat in Cosby, Tn right down the road from her is an awesome place. Carver's. It's set in an apple orchard. The food is so good...generous portions and the price is really good too. Cosby, Tn is about 19 miles from Gatlinburg. Wish I could tell you what way..but I"m directionally challenged!! LOL
    The next time you go to Mary Jo's, be sure to go to QDOBA's, too, if you like Mexican food.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

There is also a great thread place in Gastonia--about 15 minutes away. Sorry I can't find my card about it, but he has a great web site. Enjoy the whole experience.

Thread place I think you mean is called Long Creek Thread Store, 1-9 S. Webb St., Gastonia and they are also online. Just Google the shop name to find exact web address...

Going to Mary Jo's next week -- haven't had Mexican in awhile. Sounds like a plan!