Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Mattress protector/pad waterproof >
  • Mattress protector/pad waterproof

• Mattress protector/pad waterproof

Old 08-20-2016, 06:40 AM

Default Mattress protector/pad waterproof

Our mattress protector disintegrated and now I'm looking for a replacement for our temperpedic mattress. What are y'all using? I've scoured the Internet and now really confused. We would like to sleep cooler, looked at the wool ones, but don't know for sure.
    Old 08-20-2016, 07:06 AM
    Power Poster

I buy the pads at Tuesday Mornings. There are different types but I like the pillow top pad. I change the mattress pad on my bed once a year so when I find one on clearance at TM I buy it.
    Old 08-20-2016, 07:22 AM
    Power Poster

Ours disintegrated after a long decade. I washed ours on a monthly basis. Found another at Bed BAth and Beyond by Stearns and Foster. It's quite comfortable and waterproof. I believe we paid $99 for the queen. I washed it before putting it on the bed and it was no more trouble than the other one. A 400 thread count. the case it comes in is zippered and can be used for other storage.
    Old 08-20-2016, 10:41 AM

When we bought our mattress we bought a waterproof mattress cover, it was about $100.00 for a queen. I use a mattress pad on top of it that gets washed when I wash the sheets. The mattress cover gets washed about once a month or so. I had to buy it from the store I bought the mattress, my daughters bought the same thing when they got new beds.
    Old 08-21-2016, 01:50 PM

When I bought my Temperpedic, I bought two mattress covers because of the twenty year warranty. We put a fiberfill pad over it so it is not too warm to sleep on, and wash the waterproof one about every other month so they last longer.
    Old 08-21-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    When I bought my Temperpedic, I bought two mattress covers because of the twenty year warranty. We put a fiberfill pad over it so it is not too warm to sleep on, and wash the waterproof one about every other month so they last longer.
    That's what we did too, but the protector fell apart. Just ordered a very nice one from Amazon made in USA. Hope it lasts longer, if not, it was a fraction of the price.
    Old 08-22-2016, 04:31 PM

We cover all our mattresses with allergy covers that zip up around the entire mattress. They provide protection against dust mites, other allergens and are waterproof as well. A little pricey but I believe the are worth it especially for the expensive Temperpedic mattresses.
    Old 08-23-2016, 04:53 AM

Geesh. How do you all lift your mattress once a month to remove these covers? Mine is not a temperpedic but is is a black of foam. No way can I lift it to take off a cover.
    Old 08-23-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fizzle
    Geesh. How do you all lift your mattress once a month to remove these covers? Mine is not a temperpedic but is is a black of foam. No way can I lift it to take off a cover.
    My DD (of the heart) who loves, me can do it, and she helps me by doing it. I am teaching her to cook. Nice trade. ♥️
    Old 01-19-2021, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
    When we bought our mattress we bought a futon for everyday sleeping waterproof mattress cover, it was about $100.00 for a queen. I use a mattress pad on top of it that gets washed when I wash the sheets. The mattress cover gets washed about once a month or so. I had to buy it from the store I bought the mattress, my daughters bought the same thing when they got new beds.
    I also bought the mattress.