May Weight Loss 2016

Old 05-16-2016, 05:30 PM

Pat, so glad to hear you didn't do any serious damage to your knee.
My knee was feeling pretty good....until I did a spinning class saturday. Now I have to baby it for a while.
My night time eating has been bad. I. have. to. stop.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:46 AM

I have to tell you ladies that I have been very bad this month... I've been walking lots at work and my fitbit says i'm doing well but this month was 3 birthday parties, retreat weekend (where they had fresh pastries set out for us every couple of hours) and they had donut thursdays at work. I feel like i'm going to be lucky if I don't gain a whole bunch!
Old 05-23-2016, 03:41 PM

It has been a tough month for me. I had teacher appreciation week. Also Mother's Day weekend. I missed a week of classes due to my knee injury and I have just been making bad choices. I am trying to make better choices. One of the classes I work with has finally earned a banana split party tomorrow. I am sure I will have to eat one. Hopefully I can keep it small.
One of my second graders was in a mood today! He didn't want to do a paper so he tore it up. I told him he was going to have to put it back together and do it, so he tried to eat it. I just put 5 more in front of him and said enjoy your snack, i have plenty more. He chewed on it for about 10 minutes and spit it in the garbage can. He eventually did the paper when I told him he could do it during recess. The teacher had to turn around she was laughing so hard. 7 more days! We are getting a new student tomorrow. This will be his 5th school this year.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:57 PM

If today was the last day of the month I'd have a good chance to be the winner. I have a nasty stomach/intestinal bug. I lost 6 lbs from yesterday am to this morning. Will probably be down a bit more tomorrow. But since there's another week to go and this is pretty much water loss I will probably gain it back. My son in law offered to take a sick day today (he has it too) but I said I would be ok to babysit. Little did I know that taking a shower would zap all my energy for the day. It was a long day. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:13 AM

It doesn't sound like a really good month for anyone. It's not all about the pounds. My weight is the same as last year, which is a reasonable number, but when I went to put on capris yesterday for the first time this year, all the ones that should have fit wouldn't go around my waist. Had to go up a size - thank goodness for a deep closet. Someone on Facebook posted a plank challenge. Why not? - it's supposed to tighten the core muscles. Yesterday's 20 seconds was too easy, but 4 minutes at 27 days may be a different story. I used to do the Pilates 100 for middle muscles. I will try that, too, but sure won't start with 100. I had three surgeries in a month, but none in the mid section. 2 cataracts and a breast biopsy. They all restricted lifting, but not exercise.

Pam, the flu is awful and then to add a toddler and a baby would make for a rough day.

Pat, I remember those last few weeks of school. You have to be a special person to work with special ed students. Kudos to you.

The month is almost over, but we have graduation open houses starting - there will always be temptations. "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips." Being gluten free helps - so much I can't have though I never did like plain cake. I am making cookies fro my great grandson's this weekend and for a granddaughter's later. One of my new recipes is so cute and people say they taste great. Chocolate chip cookies dough with marshmallows added, baked on a graham cracker square with a small section of Hershey bar on the top (added after they come out of the oven).
Old 05-25-2016, 04:27 PM

My weight isn't moving very much, but with my time at the gym my clothes fit a lot better. Some are too lose to wear. 5 more days of school! We aren't really doing much school work, lots of educational games etc. Luckily it hasn't been too hot here so far this year The temperature and humidity are supposed to climb steadily over the next week or so. I just got home from working 2 hours in the gym. I am thinking I need something salty. I have been on a huge salty food kick for a week. I guess I need to find something healthy.
Pam your flu sounds awful. Hopefully it will be over soon. Irish I hope all of the surgeries came out ok. I just scheduled my annual visit to the gyno today. Then I will have to get a mammogram. I have to get all of the doctor visits out of the way early in the summer so I can have fun.
I don't think we have any graduation parties this year.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:23 AM

Pat, did you receive my FQ's You should have gotten them a little while ago

I am trying hard but the scale is only showing about 3 lbs so far. My knees are not letting me walk or do much exercise.
I got my second round of shots on Monday. Still no improvement. My 3rd round will be on the first. I am really hoping that these will help and I can walk with less pain. My stairs are no fun and I try not to go up and down too many times a day.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:28 PM

Yes Gayle I received your FQ. The shots work for some people and not for others. Do you have a lot of inflammation in your knees? Sometimes my dr also injected cortisone. I was lucky that they worked for about 4 years for me. There are some exercises you can do sitting in a chair. i am sure there are quite a few on Pinterest. Hopefully you can get some relief soon. 3 pounds is a good start. I keep telling myself it took me 20 years to get this out of shape so it won't fix overnight.
People at work have asked if I have lost weight. I haven't lost a lot of pounds but my clothes are a lot looser. Especially in my legs. I guess the gym is working. If I could just stay out of the junk food the scale would move. We had a retirement party today and I had a piece of cake. It makes me mad that I ate it because it wasn't even good. So NOT worth the calories.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:03 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...a-t279099.html, I just posted the new thread for June. Head on over and sign up. This group is becoming smaller and smaller. Do we want to continue it? Good luck to everyone.
Pat