Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Melanoma Awareness Month

I lost my sister many years ago to this horrible disease. I avoid the sun as much as possible and always wear sunscreen in the summer. I am fair skinned with blue eyes and red hair and burned a lot when I was young. We were always outside and went to the beach a lot. Now I really try to avoid the sun.

Kas
    My cousin died of Melanoma and his widow and parents started this (actually before he died) to help families deal with the expense of treatment and research.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169614549759255

It is the Rayz Awareness fun run and they do one in Daytona Beach, FL (his hometown) and in Colorado (where his wife is from) every year. Everyone needs to get checked. There is no cure for Melanoma after it escapes its margins.

The fund is called the Bill Walter lll Melanoma Research Fund and is a worthy cause.

I get basal cell #2 removed in a couple weeks. The 1st one was almost 21 years ago so I have been pretty good about my sunscreen and covering up.

I thought it was weird here though that the Dr. did a biopsy without taking the whole thing then scheduled "root" surgery. In CA the 1st time the Dr. took it all then biopsied so I didn't have to go back and get cut on twice. So I am a little aggraved with the new guy!

Thanks for these reminders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2