Menopause anyone???

Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 AM

I need help...anyone going through this? Night sweats have slowed down somw but the rollercaoster ride is no fun! I just thought PMS was bad! I don't want to take hormones but feel like I might have too..I am having panic attacks more and more..I can be in a store enjoying myself then all of a sudden I feel flushed then I panic and have to leave...Has anyone experenced this??? I don't like this!! :cry:
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 AM

no panic attacks but I can't stand roller coasters anymore (height issue) and 3 ft. waves on the boat never bothered me but they do now. Hey I guess they are panic attacks. So yes I do get them. :x
Old 11-02-2009, 07:10 AM

That is what is happening to me too!...Vertigo real bad.. dizziness..Can't sit in balcony at church at all anymore...It is horrible..I think when I start feeling dizzy is when I start to panic..even cars passing by when I am sitting a red light can throw me off..Right now my eaqrs are burning...and my skin feels like ants are biteing me all the time
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 AM

I just hope it gets better. SOmeone told me about some herb but I can't remember the name of it to save my life, that helps with this stuff.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 AM

A health food store will be able to help you with the herb. My girlfriend takes soy.

As for the symptoms -- one not mentioned but that I had was paranoia!!! And I started hearing people talking behind me who were NOT there!!!!!! OMG, i thought I was going to be admitted to an insane asylum!!

Now - the OTHER side of menopause:

1) don't have to shave the legs as often, but you have to shave your face more often!

2) The heat bill goes down........but the A/C bill goes up!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 AM

My Gyn recommended Black Cohosh (the brand she recommended is called Remifemin and I get it at the big-box grocery store by the vitamins and other supplements). I didn't have all the other symptoms but I was having killer night sweats and hot flashes. Within a couple weeks I felt a lot better. The sweats didn't go away completely but they're not as bad now and at least I can get a better night's sleep.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Oh the joys of being a maturing woman. I tried going without help. Didn't do so well. I finally went back on Estrodiol. (not sure of the speeling) Very low dose of Estrogen. Still get a little hot flash now and then, but the emotional roller coaster is over. Talk to your doctor. He/She can give you some different recommendations. It's worth the visit. Hang in there. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 11-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks everyone for your support! I know this too will pass..Just talking longer then I thought!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:13 PM

I have had all of the above symptoms. Mine got less bothersome over time, but the biggest difference I noticed was when I got off sugar and loss 50 pounds just since February. I don't have near the hot flashes or any of the other crap. The panic attacks have completely disappeared now. I can't take hormones or anything due to other health issues so I have just had to suffer all these years. Good Luck
Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM

I've heard the pattern follows one's mother. My mother, her mother, and both her sisters had hysterectomies. So...I have nothing to go by.

The issue I'm having is suddenly (okay the last two years) nothing is on schedule, if you know what I mean. If I tell the doc it's coming every two weeks... then they want to do a uterine biopsy every two years at least. But, I know irregular is normal... and just how long does this stage last? Every six months would be nice. :D

I've had three hot flashes, I think. They were about 8 months apart. :lol: Oh, I'd hate to have them every day.

Nothing emotional is going on... still steady. Thank goodness... or my students would suffer. :wink: