Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well be quilting!

Might as well be quilting!

Today is the first day of spring here in Minnesota so I was all geared up to go outside and enjoy the warm, sunny delights that Mother Nature has to offer on this 20th day of March. Well, imagine my surprise to find out that Mother Nature is just a nasty old woman who doesn't have a lick of compassion for those of us who are sick to death of winter! She certainly did NOT hold up her end of the bargain for the first day of spring!

So...I might as well put back on my sweatshirt, sweatpants, fuzzy socks and grab another cup of coffee and hole up in my quilting room! THAT is what gives me a 'spring' in my step!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sandra B

Oh wow! Amazing. I am from Chicago and know how that is. Living in Mississippi, I sometimes for about delay winters. One April I sent two of my children to visit my parents on spring break. Needless to say, when they arrive there was snow on the ground and I had not packed any winter clothes. All they had was short pants, halter tops and flip flops and sandals. Happy Spring to all.

I hear you! Winter sucks this time of year. Love your picture!

That photo is classic! We live outside of Chicago... it's 2 P.M. and it's only 24 outside. Our snow is coming on Sunday.... can't wait! I'm predicting at least 3" on Easter. At least it won't be hard to find the Easter eggs!

Very funny. Much the same here in upstate NY. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the warm weather shows up. We need to fire that groundhog.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

-15 wind chill here (Milwaukee, WI area) yesterday. Today is not much better. I can relate! I put on my insulated bib coveralls, Carhart hooded coat, knit hat and insulated boots just to bring in firewood that was already stacked on our front porch.

I had to get gas in the car today - forgot my gloves - just about froze off my fingers!

I'm in Winnipeg, Canada and right now it's -18c with the windchill at -28c. I want spring!!!!

You are so cute there in your shorts and flip flops. I feel for ya down here in sunny Florida. I can't take the winter, an can imagine how sick of the snow you are. Keep quilting and the snow will melt eventually.

You are too funny!! Hope spring comes soon for you. Loads of blooms here in sunny
    San Diego. We had our share of cold weather here this past winter with lots of rainy, windy days.

Love the flip flops and the big thumbs down. I know exactly how you are feeling! Enough already!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast