miss my quilting!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 PM

My dh has been away on business this week in China. Miss him alot. But not nearly as much as my quilting(Well almost).DH and I have been talking about re-doing our kitchen. Well I decided to jump start the process. I wanted to try staining my oak cabinets. They turned out pretty good. I stained them mahogany. New hardware too. Not bad but I started on tuesday and half are back hung up other half all over dining table and livingroom floor. This staining takes so long to dry. Good thing is if dh doesn't like them I GET TO REPLACE THEM WITH A BRAND NEW KITCHEN! DH coming home tomorrow night. I'm at a stand still. Nothing like finishing a project right to the last minute. HE DOESN'T KNOW I'M DOING THIS! I have just wanted a change for so long I couldn't wait. And the best time is always when the husband is away. He can't say no!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:45 PM

what a project! I hope all goes well and you will be back to quilting in no time!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Susie you must a "Handy Annie" I am sure we would like to see pictures of your handy work. Your hubby will be so surprised. I don't know do you want him to like it or not........ I mean if you get a new kitchen ....maybe you don't want him to like your work. Whatever, you want I hope it happens for you.
Karen
Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

What a great project :D:D:D I bet you have been having fun with it too!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 04:46 AM

Sounds like you're doing a great job.
Several years ago I wanted to change our living room--really dark paneling that just sucked up all the light. Knowing that DH hates change I said, "I'm going to paint the living room. Yes, I've been giving it some thought and I'm going to paint it to look like Greek ruins. I'm going to have that corner look like a big hole with the sky showing through and vines growing down the wall." He said, "NO WAY" Well, the more I insisted the more he said no. Finally he said, "Don't you dare paint this room. Promise me that you won't paint it while I'm gone." I gave in and agreed, he left for work (over the road trucker). That weekend when he got home I'd put up the prettiest wall paper and border! He decided he liked it (didn't have much choice) and said, "Well, you promised you wouldn't paint and you didn't. I'll learn to be more specific." He was laughing when he said it---probably a good thing.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 AM

Thanks ladies, I'm no handy Annie but I do try. I would love to replace these cabinets but it is so much work. I should know. DH and I put these in 15 years ago. But since I'm getting new counter tops I thought to at least try this first. Especially since counter tops will be the last thing to do. Will send picture as soon as I'm done.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by susie0808
Thanks ladies, I'm no handy Annie but I do try. I would love to replace these cabinets but it is so much work. I should know. DH and I put these in 15 years ago. But since I'm getting new counter tops I thought to at least try this first. Especially since counter tops will be the last thing to do. Will send picture as soon as I'm done.
Can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Wow, you are handy. I wouldn't know where to start. They sound pretty. I hope he likes them.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, you sure are energetic!