Missing Applique Foot

Old 11-03-2014, 11:54 PM

Default Missing Applique Foot

Thought I would give you a laugh...I was ripping my sewing room apart...looking for the missing appliqué foot...decided to empty out a drawer on my desk to see if it fell in by accident..

...as I was taking out the drawer I lost a hold of it and it fell to the floor along with all the junk inside...I started to sort and clean it up and all of a sudden I see 5 crips $20 bills that I had put there and forgotten about...nice surprise...now I guess I can buy a new foot...lol...

i love when this happens...
Old 11-04-2014, 05:50 AM

Wow! Good for you! The only money I ever find is a dollar or two in a winter coat pocket.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:52 AM

You are a lucky lady!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:36 AM

Found a $100 bill in a pr of slacks I was ironing one day. Thought to myself at the time 'hkw does one lose $100 bill?' Glad to learn I am not the only one! Enjoy your find.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

DH is pretty good about emptying pockets before throwing into the clothes hamper. So when I pulled 2$100.00 bills out of the dryer that weren't mine I gave them t him. He didn't know where they came from and neither did I. Then remembered my niece had dropped off a pair of pants asking me to get a horrible stain out, which did come out. Told her to come get her pants. Had the money in an envelope for her. She just about passed out. She looked as though she was crying the Niagara Falls. She said she was glad she asked me to do it because, she would've never known where the money was. She works hard and is a really good single parent to her daughter. I wouldn't have dreamed keeping it.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:56 AM

Once I decided to clear out the kitchen shelf and decided to wash some Tupperware canister and one was lightweight, hmmm, I opened it to find $300 inside! Forgotten I had hidden it while gone on a out of the state trip! I know it should be in a bank, but probably didn't have time to deposit it before I left and didn't want too much cash on hand.
Another time I tried on a pair of jeans at goodwill (yrs ago) and felt paper in pocket....$20 Bill. Told clerk, said keep it!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I moved something in my apt and found a $20 bill. Love those days !!!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:14 AM

I was shopping at a local resale shop, and picked up a purse I thought I could use. As I checked the size of the cell phone pocket, there was a piece of what I thought was a business card in the pocket. I was curious so I pulled it out. Imagine my surprise when I pulled it out to see it was a folded $50 bill. The cell phone pocket was too small, but I spent $5 for the purse and gifted it to a good friend who doesn't carry a cell phone, and went to the LQS with the other &45!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 PM

I might get the prize: I cleaned out my parents house after they passed away and found $1600 hidden under tablecloths. Dad was known for stashing cash, but Mom lived 8 years after he was gone and I'd have to say I believe she missed this, because she had rounded up his coins and cash and banked it at that time. I'd share with my siblings, but I've never had any !
Old 11-08-2014, 01:22 PM

I found a $100 bill on the sidewalk coming out of Subway. I picked it up and put it in my pocket and looked at it when I got home and thought it was a fake. I showed someone and they said it was real, so I went to the bank and asked them and yep it was real. Thank you someone