Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Missing ribbon

Missing ribbon

I hope someone can help me.
    How do I restore the ribbon at the top of my Microsoft word page? I have the tool bar but not the ribbon? Please bear in mind, I am computer challenged. Thanks all.

Here is what I found by using Help.

Question: How can I minimize the ribbon in Microsoft Word 2007? / I hid the ribbon but now I want it back. How do I do this?

Answer: You can minimize the ribbon is Microsoft Word 2007 by doing the following:
    1) Open Microsoft Word 2007. At the very top of the window, click on the little arrow pointing down. (The arrow is next to the default shortcuts on the right of the Office Menu button)
    2) In the drop down menu, click ‘Minimize the Ribbon’.

You can make the ribbon appear again, perform step no.1 and then unselect ‘Minimize the Ribbon’ by clicking on it in the drop down menu. The ribbon should appear.

You can also double click on any of the tabs in the ribbon to minimize it. To bring it back just double click any of the tabs again.

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to become more savvy with Word, so I practiced Quiltaddict's instructions. Took me two tries just to finally *see* the little arrow. Mine is to the right of the save, undo, redo icon area. That arrow is black and *tiny*, but it's there!

I just signed up for a community ed course in Word at the local high school. Figure it's worth $25 to learn how to solve these little issues for myself rather than asking dh!