Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: more my dolls

Quote Originally Posted by drgranny
    Dea, No I'm not old enough to be the original "old lady" haha.
    No, I have never tried to do a self portrait. My dolls always have much better bodies than me. Their are many other more interesting subjects to creat. I stuffed my primitave doll with dense poly batting. I don't like sawdust. I have made some dolls with sawdust but don't like it. You have to wet it to make it pack and then you run the risk of it not drying fast enough and it might mold.
    You are absolutely right about the molding problem, but I did mine in summer and just laid them out to dry in the very hot Australian sun. Still took about a week with constantly turning them over

YOUR WORK ON YOUR DOLLS IS EXTRAORDINARY,SUCH DETAILED WORK AND CRAFTMANSHIP. HOW CAN YOU PUT A PRICE ON THAT?

Wow!

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for all of this information. I was really curious about the whole process and you have certainly "quench my thirst for knowledge". Thanks for taking the time to do that. Love, love, love your dolls and the work is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    You should enter the Hoffman challenge for the doll category. I've been looking at the past year's entry winners. I think your dolls are better by far as they each have a special quality to them that gives them each a personality all their own. They are so lifelike with their facial expressions and body language. Your fine detail to the hands really amaze me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg
    You should enter the Hoffman challenge for the doll category. I've been looking at the past year's entry winners. I think your dolls are better by far as they each have a special quality to them that gives them each a personality all their own. They are so lifelike with their facial expressions and body language. Your fine detail to the hands really amaze me.
    Thanks for your compliments! I have considered entering the Hoffman in the past but their reputation for getting your doll back to you is not very good. I have 2 friends who never got theirs back and several who said that their doll was quite a bit worse for wear when they got them back. So I have decided to not ever enter one of my dolls in a contest where you have to send the doll. My dolls are more important to me than the recognition. I am just happy to share them with my groups.

Way to go!

Wow!! what beautiful work.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8