Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Thrift Store Up-cycles

Quote Originally Posted by LenaBeena View Post
    Location is the key. Whatever the market will bear. Yes, I've heard the "I can make that" group and think they probably won't!
    LOL oh yes and I have been one of "that" group.. And I never do.. I have learned if I like something buy it because I really don't have the energy to make it.

Blog Entries
    I'm with Miriam. Make a few cheaper ones and the others will sell fast. I purchased some really heavy duty potholders for $6 ea. at a craft show 9 years ago made out of thick terry cloth. Hubby thought I was nuts. Guess who uses them when he gets the grill fired up. I have to go outside and collect them, if I want to use them. I also wash mine on a weekly basis with my towels. I shiver at the thought of those who never wash their potholders. Many of those users are "cleaning fanatics".

Blog Entries
    I really appreciate all your comments. I have tried one of these multiple layer wool pot holders and they really are great. Besides I just love making them. The will wash really well and won't shrink because they have already been shrunk. I buy 100% wool clothing at the thrift stores or garage sales wash in hot water with a little soap. Usually run through the rinse cycle 2 times and then put in the HOT dryer. They come out soft, think and really wonderful to work with. I am going to make some round cotton ones that you put your fingers in one side and the thumb in the other and they fold over the handle. They sold really well at the shows I went to last fall. Will let you know how they do this year.

I really get in to upcycling too. At a church clothing drive, I even found an already felted wool sweater. Bet they thought no one would want that. It is now a purse.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2