Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Movie on Netflix

Movie on Netflix

We get all our entertainment from Netflix and Hulu. My stepdaughter turned us on to two series on Netflix. The first is "Breaking Bad". I have watched and enjoyed the whole series and have gotten several others to watch it. I know it's not for everyone, but I really enjoyed it.

We just started watching "The Tudors". It's a historical series. So far, so good.

Now on to a movie we watched last night. It's also on Netflix. The title is "Bernie", with Jack Black and Shirley Maclaine . My DH was getting ready to go to bed till he got interested and stayed up to watch it with me. It's based on a true story.Good movie!
    I quilt, therefore I am.

We just started watching the Tudors also. Got the series for Christmas.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

I am hooked on "Breaking Bad" also - then I had a friend the recommended "The Sons of Anarchy" - I really wouldn't have picked either of the shows on my own - but when you have good writers - it doesn't really matter what the show is based on - I listen/watch Netflix while in my sewing room

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reviews. I'm a big Netflix fan myself. I'll have to check them out.

Have you seen Downton Abbey yet? It's an excellent series that is on Netflix now. The 3rd season will be out on PBS soon and you can watch it on their website the day after each episode airs.

Blog Entries
    Loved the Tudors. Thanks for the tips on the others, will check them out.

I don't watch movies, I sometimes listen to one my Husband is watching err, sleeping through. He falls asleep almost as soon as he turns on the TV. We get lots of cable channels and there is always something to watch.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I love Netflix since there is such drivel on TV on the weekends. Unless you are a sports nut, that is.
    KnitnNan

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
    Thanks for the reviews. I'm a big Netflix fan myself. I'll have to check them out.

Have you seen Downton Abbey yet? It's an excellent series that is on Netflix now. The 3rd season will be out on PBS soon and you can watch it on their website the day after each episode airs.
    LOVE Downton Abbey! We got fancy wine glasses and get champagne for "Downton Abbey Night" with the big projection screen. Watched the second season loves, but had to catch up with Netflix. Can't wait for the new season!

I really like breaking bad. Have the whole last season taped. I started Netflix when I was hooked on the sopranos.

I have watched all of the above On Demand/Comcast. Can't wait for Downton Abbey to begin again. Besides loving The Tudors, if you can watch The Borgias--interesting and good acting.........Upstairs/Downstairs on PBS was also a good series and another being Garrow's Law.........I really prefer watching these types of things rather than the dribble on"regular" tv and the "trash" on cable stations.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast