Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie recommendation

Blog Entries
    I surprised myself by really liking Avatar. I never took my eyes off the screen. The Lord of the Rings movies are wonderful with stunning visuals and special effects. Watch these movies on the biggest screen you can.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    "The Best Exotic Merigold Hotel" is a must see! Best actors living are in it.
    Got fabric?

Life Of Pi.

Of late, I loved Lincoln . I thought it was fascinating to see Lincoln 'come to life'. My perennial favorites, though are White Christmas, Three Amigos, The Sting, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Talledega Nights and Animal House. I really hate ones that make me cry!

My total favorite movie is Driving Miss Daisy with Jessica Tandy and Morgan Freeman. I have watched it dozens of times. Jessica Tandy is a wonderful actress as was her husband Hume Croyn. I also loved Out of Africa with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford and African Queen with Kathryn Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. We also really enjoyed Red Tails with Cuba Gooding Jr.

Edie: Do you mean Meet Joe Black (with Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins and Claire Forlani)? Also Our Vines Have Tender Grapes - is there another name for this? I wasn't able to find it anywhere.
    Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - I agree, wonderful movie. Maggie Smith has another movie coming out soon. (I think it's called Quartet)
    Les Mis - I'm looking forward to buying this one. Loved it!! Russell Crowe's singing was a little too one dimensional and not powerful enough, and Eddie Redmayne had vibrato going on in some of the numbers, but the music is just so powerful. My teenage DS and I saw it on stage before the movie came out and LOVED IT!

Blog Entries
    Quartet with Maggie Smith and lots of other older actors.

I loved this movie! My husband watched it too, and he has been to India and said it was realistic. I have been watching "The Bible" I am enjoying it too.
    Laurel
    oneteapot/Laurel

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Martin Chuzzlewit adapted from Charles Dickens put on by the BBC, 1994... EXCELLENT! We have watched it many times because the humor is so fun and sometimes with the British accent you have to listen to it closely to catch all of it. It is long but so much fun.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I like to watch DVD's while I sew. Thank you for many ideas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast