Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Movie recommendation

A great one is the BIBLE on history it has been great and there are tow left. It ends on Easter sunday.

dd
    I go to Goodwill and pick up videos for 71 cents. Can't beat that next to the price of renting and you never know what you will find. I once found a bunch of Shirley Temple movies, box sets of Highlander and Titanic. Plus all the Disney movies. I find old ones like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers & Gaslight (personal favorites) plus newer ones, too many to mention. If I don't like it, I don't feel bad sending it back because it didn't cost much to begin with. The other day we watched We Bought a Zoo. That was good and a true story.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Some of the best movies are the old originals; especially in the "horror"movies ie: Bela, Boris and a few other great movies. The orignial War of the Worlds for us sci-fi buffs.

I do want to go see the Great and Powerful Oz. At Thanksgiving we saw Rise of the Guardians --AWESOME !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I love all the Jane Austen books that have been made into movies, but my favorite is "Persuasion." Can be found in the cheap movies ($5-7) section of the store. Two hankie with a happy ending.

The Bible is a mini series on History Channel. It comes on every Sun. at 8

There are several movies that I really enjoy over and over again; however, I love the Disney movie, "Cars." Somedays it's just more fun to not be grown up. ;-D

Saw several enjoyable movies listed. Some of my faves
    Field of Dreams
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Sleepless in Seattle
    Hugo
    Saturday Night Fever

Blog Entries
    Jeremiah Johnson - robt Redford
    wind & the lion - Sean Connery
    secondhand lions
    gone with the wind
    the three godfathers- John Wayne
    The quiet man- John Wayne
    Up
    toy story 1,2,3

"The Way" with Martin Sheen. Hoping real hard to make the pilgrimage in Sept.--I'm up to 3 miles a day.

I like some oldies like Roman Holiday, Disney 's Snow White , Dumbo, and some newer, The Sting and Murder on the Orient Express, and my all-time favorite, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4