Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Muffin pans

A friend of mine loves her Williams Sonoma gold(something) muffin pans. I am considering getting one, but they are expensive. Do any of you have experience with them, or can recommend an alternative?
    Thanks,
    Jo Ann

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i will agree williams-sonoma is expensive, but quality things ARE! i'm not sure if Wilton makes muffin pans, but i'm guessing they do--they make some really great cake pans.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I still use my mother's (they are probably even my grandmother's) old, old cupcake/muffin tins. I love them. When I use them with the liner papers, I don't have to worry about anything sticking. For one, I love using the old things, and for two, I am too cheap to replace them, as long as I can still use the old ones!

Quote Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
    i will agree williams-sonoma is expensive, but quality things ARE! i'm not sure if Wilton makes muffin pans, but i'm guessing they do--they make some really great cake pans.
    Wilton's does have some...they are very nice. I treated myself to a pan last year.

I bought some stainless steel muffin pans from Amazon and I love them! Everything bakes so evenly and in the amount of time listed in the recipe.

They are a little pricey. But, I bet they are less than the Williams-Sonoma.

:)

I usually get my pans etc. at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Tuesday Morning, where I can get TOL brands for 50% off or more. Sometimes it takes a few weeks, but I usually end up finding what I want.

I wonder if it really matters - especially if you use liners. I've been wanting another muffin pan but every time I look at the prices I decide I don't really NEED it, so I don't get it. I've been thinking of stopping at a local consignment shop and looking for an older one. I like the character of the older ones anyway!

Jo Ann, I bought mine from King Arthur's (http://www.kingarthurflour.com/) and love them. They are similar to the ones Williams Sonoma sells. :)

I have the one made by Wilton and really like it, even with no liners in them they release easily.

I would suggest getting some older ones at a secondhand store. Just make sure they are HEAVY. Those make the best baked goods.
    Mine are older than dirt and "well-seasoned".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast